From: Alan Thompson
Dear Fire and Emergency New Zealand,
In a recent Question Time session in Parliament the Minister for Internal Affairs (Hon Tracey Martin) stated that a new station was to be built in the Far North for the Cavalli Brigade. Under the provisions of the Official Information Action I request the following information:
1. The current establishment of the Cavalli Brigade (presumably this is the Cavalli Rural Fire Force) including:
- Complement of Officers and Fire Fighters
- Number of and configuration/purpose of their vehicles.
2. The number of turn outs attended by the Cavalli Brigade within their own designated turn out area (by incident type) for the years 2017/2018, 2018/2019, 2019/2020?
3. The number of turn out of the Cavalli Brigade to incidents outside of their own designated area (by incident type) in the years 2017/2018, 2018/2019, 2019/2020.
4. A copy of the Business Case (including the associated planning and risk analysis modelling) that was considered in determining the requirements for retaining the Cavalli Brigade and the building of a new station for them.
5. If not included in the Business Case, a break down of the budget for the building of a new station for the Cavalli Brigade.
From: Robinson, Louise
Fire and Emergency New Zealand
This is to acknowledge receipt of your information request, dated 30 July 2020.
In accordance with section 15 of the Official Information Act 1982 / section 40 of the Privacy Act we will try to respond to your request as soon as practicable and in any event no later than 20 working days after the day your request was received. If we are unable to respond to your request by then, we will notify you of an extension of that timeframe.
In order to gather information relevant to your request, we may make details of your request known to Fire and Emergency personnel who are likely to be able to assist with the identification and collation of that information. This will not include your identity as the requestor, unless it is reasonably necessary to share that in order to gather information relevant to your request. Please let us know immediately if you have any concerns about the sharing of details of your request, including your identity, within Fire and Emergency. We will contact you to discuss your concerns and how they will affect our approach to processing your request.
We will also contact you if:
. we require further information to clarify, or to enable us to process, your request;
. we need to tell a third party who you are, in order to consult on your request or information that relates to it.
Ministerial Services Coordinator, Ministerial & Executive Services, Office of the Chief Executive
P: 04 496 3694