How it works
You have the right to request information from most publicly-funded bodies, and get answers. FYI helps you make a request for Official Information. It also publishes all requests online.
Use this site to make your request for information – we'll show you how.
We'll drop you an email as soon as your request gets a response.
We publish it all online. Great! Now you have your answer, and everybody else can access it too.
Who can I request information from?FYI covers requests to 3,056 authorities, including:
- New Zealand Police 483 requests
- Accident Compensation Corporation 338 requests
- Ministry of Social Development 298 requests
- Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment 235 requests
- Auckland Transport 199 requests
- Ministry of Justice 198 requests
- Ministry of Education 182 requests
- Auckland Council 182 requests
- Ministry of Health 175 requests
- Ministry for Primary Industries 163 requests
- Department of Corrections 153 requests
- New Zealand Transport Agency 147 requests
- Wellington City Council 138 requests
- New Zealand Fire Service Commission 124 requests
- Department of Internal Affairs 111 requests
- Minister of Trade 88 requests
- Department of Conservation 82 requests
- Prime Minister 72 requests
- Inland Revenue Department 72 requests
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade 70 requests
- KiwiRail 61 requests
- The Treasury 59 requests
- New Zealand Defence Force 57 requests
- Minister for Primary Industries 56 requests
- Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet 56 requests
- Christchurch City Council 54 requests
- Wellington Regional Council 53 requests
- Earthquake Commission 45 requests
- Minister of Immigration 42 requests
- Ministry for Vulnerable Children, Oranga Tamariki 40 requests
- Housing New Zealand Corporation 37 requests
- Ministry of Defence 36 requests
What information has been released?
FYI users have made 6,389 requests, including:
Wellington Regional Council answered a request about Request for Information supporting the "Better Metlink fares consultation"
about 12 hours ago
4 days ago
New Zealand Transport Agency answered a request about Wellsford-Whangarei Business aka Whāngārei to Te Hana Case Removal
7 days ago