How it works
You have the right to request information from most publicly-funded bodies, and get answers. FYI helps you make a request for Official Information. It also publishes all requests online.
Use this site to make your request for information – we'll show you how.
We'll drop you an email as soon as your request gets a response.
We publish it all online. Great! Now you have your answer, and everybody else can access it too.
Who can I request information from?FYI covers requests to 3,114 authorities, including:
- New Zealand Police 1209 requests
- Ministry of Health 1136 requests
- Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment 958 requests
- Accident Compensation Corporation 653 requests
- Ministry of Social Development 571 requests
- Auckland Transport 504 requests
- Ministry of Justice 469 requests
- New Zealand Transport Agency 437 requests
- Auckland Council 427 requests
- Department of Internal Affairs 372 requests
- Ministry of Education 361 requests
- Department of Corrections 345 requests
- University of Auckland 345 requests
- Fire and Emergency New Zealand 320 requests
- Wellington City Council 302 requests
- Ministry for Primary Industries 291 requests
- Department of Conservation 289 requests
- Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet 240 requests
- Wellington Regional Council 205 requests
- University of Otago 197 requests
- Inland Revenue Department 181 requests
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade 180 requests
- Christchurch City Council 178 requests
- Jacinda Ardern 176 requests
- Kāinga Ora–Homes and Communities 166 requests
- New Zealand Defence Force 161 requests
- Victoria University of Wellington 133 requests
- Porirua City Council 118 requests
- The Treasury 116 requests
- KiwiRail 115 requests
- Earthquake Commission 111 requests
- Chris Hipkins 106 requests
What information has been released?
FYI users have made 17,885 requests, including:
Institute of Environmental Science and Research Limited answered a request about Informed Consent #36 - PCR Data
15 minutes ago
about 2 hours ago
University of Auckland answered a request about OIA Request: UoA student performance for stage I, II & III SCIGEN courses 2021
about 7 hours ago
Ministry of Health answered a request about URGENT Protections Framework and "designated premises"
1 day ago
Christchurch City Council answered a request about Cost of enforcing vaccine passes at council facilities
1 day agoBrowse all requests →