Current status of Rental Warrant of Fitness in Wellington City
The request was successful.
From: A O'Sullivan
Dear Wellington City Council,
It has been publicly announced that Wellington City Council is to introduce a Rental Warrant of Fitness.
Please provide a copy of minutes in which the decision was made, and any other correspondence relevant to the decision.
In addition please advise:
1. Whether the Rental WoF is to be compulsory or voluntary.
2. The proposed start date.
3. What public consultation was, or is to be, conducted on this issue.
4. What cost benefit analysis was, or is to be, done.
5. Does, or will, this CBA include the impact of increased rent on tenants and the impact on housing supply.
6. Does, or will, this CBA include realistic set up and maintenance costs of a new administration and compliance system, including but not limited to IT systems, new staff and training requirements, new procedures and documentation, education programme for landlords and tenants.
7. How will benefits be determined, measured and publicly reported on. If this work is to be conducted by a third party, will the terms of reference and proposed cost be publicly available.
8. Will the CBA be available for public comment.
9. Is the checklist to be used available now in its final format. If so please provide a copy.
From: BUS: IRO
Wellington City Council
Thank you for your email, sent to the Issues Resolution Office at Wellington City Council.
This email address is monitored daily. Your email will be assessed and actioned in due course.
We appreciate your patience.
Wellington City Council Issues Resolution Office.
From: Chris Brown
Wellington City Council
Hello A O'Sullivan,
Please find the Council response to your request, and additional information, as attached.
Chris Brown | Issues Resolution Officer | Legal and Risk | Wellington City Council
P 04 801 3479
E [email address] | W Wellington.govt.nz | |
IMPORTANT: The information contained in this email may be confidential or legally privileged. It is intended solely for the recipient or recipients named in this message. Please note that if you are not the intended recipient you are not authorised to use, copy or distribute the email or any information contained in it. If you have received this email in error, please advise the sender immediately and destroy the original message and any attachments.