Request for Bus Road Damage calculations
From: Tony Randle
Dear Wellington Regional Council,
I understand that the GWRC pays the Wellington City Council for the extra damage from running Metlink buses over city streets. I am interested in how this amount is calculated.
1) Can the GWRC please provide a copy of the agreement with the WCC under which road damage by bus payments are being made?
2) Can the GWRC please provide a copy of the payments made to the WCC for road damage by bus damage since July 2018?
3) Can the GWRC please provide a copy of the formula used to calculate the road damage by buses amount?
4) Can the GWRC please provide a copy of the actual calculations used to determine these road damage by bus payment amounts to the WCC provided in 2)?
5) Can the GWRC please provide a copy of any independent report or review of the calculation formula or the calculated amounts paid to the WCC?
If any of the requested information is held in electronic form, it is preferred that it is provided in its complete and original electronic format. For the sake of clarity, it is also requested that information that the GWRC may deem to be out of scope is NOT removed from documents or other information.
From: Darrell Young
Wellington Regional Council
Acknowledgement of Request for Information under the Local Government
Official Information and Meetings Act 1987
Thank you for your email dated 24 November 2022, requesting information
regarding bus road damage calculations.
Your request is being followed-up and a reply will be sent to you within
20 working days of the request being received.
Please note that it is our policy to proactively release our responses to
official information requests where possible. We do not publish
requesters’ personal information.
We will let you know when we respond to your request if we intend to
publish it on Greater Wellington’s website.
Greater Wellington Regional Council
ATTENTION: This correspondence is confidential and intended for the named
recipient(s) only. If you are not the named recipient and receive this
correspondence in error, you must not copy, distribute or take any action
in reliance on it and you should delete it from your system and notify the
sender immediately. Unless otherwise stated, any views or opinions
expressed are solely those of the author, and do not represent those of