IOA Request re ACC's Investigations Unit and ACC's integrity Services Unit.
This request has an unknown status. We're waiting for David Lawson to read a recent response and update the status.
From: David Lawson
Dear Accident Compensation Corporation,
I refer you to Emma Coats OIA correspondence of 7 November 2019 to Mr Anthony Jordan via www.fyi.org.nz pertaining to Mr Jordan's FYI OIA request dated 18 October 2019in which Ms Coats states the following as quoted;
"In 2013, a review into ACC’s internal Integrity Unit (then named
Investigation Unit) took place. The review recommended that the Unit be
renamed Integrity Services and internal matter of fraud, waste and abuse
be managed by the unit. Prior to this internal concerns were managed on a
case by case basis and the reporting of those concerns was minimal."
A copy of the referred correspondence can be located at; https://fyi.org.nz/request/11495-malfeas....
I welcome the provision of the following official information;
(1) a full copy of the review report, together with copies of all initial and interim drafts of the report.
(2) full copies of all follow up reviews reports into the ACC's Integrity Services that have been carried out between 2013 and present.
(3) confirmation of whom commissioned the 2013 review, together with who or what agency was tasked with carrying out this review.
(4) confirmation of any and all external parties that were involved in the review;
(5) confirmation of whether the Auditor General, the Office of the Ombudsman, and theOffice of the Privacy Commission had any oversight into this review and or any subsequent changes that stemmed from this review.
(6) a full copy of the official information that was gathered or submitted to the review that initiated the review that confirms the reasons that such a review was warranted, and the full purpose and need for the 2013 review into the ACC's investigation's unit, together wit the scope of of the review.
I confirm that under s16(2) of the Official Information Act, my preferred way of receiving a response is by email to the address from which ACC received the original request, not by post.
Thank you for your time and assistance.
From: Government Services
Accident Compensation Corporation
Thank you for contacting ACC; this is an automatic reply to confirm we
have received your email.
Depending on the nature of your request you may not receive an official
response for up to 20 working days. We will try to respond your query as
quickly as possible.
Our website provides up to date news and information about our work.
You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Further information
about how to contact us is also available here.
OIA Services Team
OIA Services, ACC
Tel. 0800 101 996
ACC / OIA Services 2385 / Justice Centre - Level 7
PO Box 242 / Wellington 6011 / New Zealand / www.acc.co.nz
ACC cares about the environment – please don’t print this email
unless it is really necessary. Thank you.
"This message and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged
information. If you believe you have received this email in error, please
advise us immediately by return email or telephone and then delete this
email together with all attachments. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are not authorised to use or copy this message or any
attachments or disclose the contents to any other person."