VUW: Evidence Of Ability to Comply with the Public Records Act and the OIA
From: Chris Johnston
Dear Victoria University of Wellington,
This OIA is in response to VUW stating in a response to a separate OIA that "The University has no way of easily searching for other records [other than emails] to identify those that mention <keywords requested in OIA>"
This raised the concern that VUW does not have the systems or processes to enable it to comply with the Public records Act or the OIA.
Therefore, please provide records for:
1) The business processes and training materials for servicing OIA Requests
2) Any Audits (internal or external) that relate to OIA compliance
3) The latest reporting (e.g. KPIs or Dashboard) that quantifies OIA compliance
4) Ombudsman's decisions about OIA requests declined by VUW
Public Records Act
5) The business processes and training materials for complying with the Public Records Act
6) Any Audits (internal or external) that relate to Public Records Act compliance
7) Any reporting or KPIs that detail what Retention and Disposal activities have occurred in the last period reported on.
8) High level information architecture document for VUW that describes the main technologies, products and partners that are used - with the main focus on:
8a) Record Search capability
8b) Retention and Disposal capability
For example (8):
- might mention that Microsoft Sharepoint and Exchange is used for document storage and search..... or some other products.
- is not looking for technical details of integration or search capability
From: OIA Requests
Victoria University of Wellington
Official information request for information on the University's
compliance with the OIA & Public Records Act
I am writing to acknowledge receipt of your official information request
dated 30 October 2019.
We received your request on 30 October. We will endeavour to respond to
your request as soon as possible and in any event no later than 27
November, being 20 working days after the day your request was received.
If we are unable to respond to your request by then, we will notify you of
an extension of that timeframe.
If any additional factors come to light which are relevant to your
request, please do not hesitate to contact me so that these can be taken
Ngâ mihi nui
Adviser, Information Access and Copyright – Legal Services
Victoria University of Wellington | Te Whare Wânanga o te Ûpoko o te Ika a
Phone: 04 463 5249
Room 213, Hunter Building
Gate 2 Kelburn Parade PO Box 600, Wellington 6140, New Zealand
This message and any attachments may contain confidential information. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately
and destroy any copies of this e-mail.