Traffic Sensors Sensitivity to Small Vehicles
Mr Punnett made this Official Information request to Auckland Transport
The request was successful.
From: Mr Punnett
Dear Auckland Transport,
I would like to receive the following information relating to the inductive loop traffic sensors installed at intersections around Auckland:
1. When did Auckland Transport become aware that the inductive loop sensors are often unable to detect small vehicles such as motorbikes and bicycles?
2. How much money was spent installing new sensors since Auckland Transport become aware of these issues?
3. The number of injuries and fatalities suffered by motorbikers and cyclists at junctions fitted with inductive loop sensors since Auckland transport became aware of these issues?
From: AT Official Information (AT)
Dear A Punnet,
We refer to your request for official information dated 13 September 2018
regarding; Loop Sensors.
Please find attached a response for information requested under the Local
Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987.
Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions.
Cameron Kirchoff | LGOIMA – Business Partner
Private Bag 92250, Auckland 1142
P 09 355 3553 | E [email address] or
cid:image002.jpg@01D2927A.134A0850cid:image003.jpg@01D2927A.134A0850 cid:image004.jpg@01D2927A.134A0850 cid:image005.jpg@01D2927A.134A0850cid:image006.jpg@01D2927A.134A0850
Important notice: The contents of this email and any attachments may be
confidential and subject to legal privilege. If you have received this
email message in error please notify us immediately and erase all copies
of the message and attachments; any use, disclosure or copying of this
message or attachments is prohibited. Any views expressed in this email
may be those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the
views of Auckland Transport.
1. mailto:[email address]
2. mailto:[email address]
Things to do with this request
- Add an annotation (to help the requester or others)
- Download a zip file of all correspondence