Use of video or audio surveillance for dog control purposes

Alex Harris made this Official Information request to Dunedin City Council

Response to this request is long overdue. By law Dunedin City Council should have responded by now (details and exceptions). The requester can complain to the Ombudsman.

From: Alex Harris

Dear Dunedin City Council,

Today Stuff reported that the Christchurch City Council was using audio surveillance devices for dog control purposes ("Council puts secret listening device in couple's garden after dog complaint", Stuff, 16 March 2016). I would like to request the following information under the LGOIMA:

* Whether the council uses video or audio surveillance devices for dog-control purposes;
* if so, a copy of any applicapble policy covering such surveillance. If there is no formal policy, I would like to know the evidential bar required for such surveillance to begin, who approves or can approve it, whether consent is sought from targets or affected property owners, who carries it out and the methods used.
* if video or audio surveillance is used, I would like to know the number of times each has been used in the last year, the number of occasions it was done without consent, and the number of occasions consent was sought but not granted.

I would prefer to receive an electronic response. Queries about
this request will be automatically forwarded to me by the website.

Yours faithfully,

Alex Harris

Link to this

From: Sandy Graham
Dunedin City Council

I am currently out of the office, returning Friday morning. 
Please contact my PA Kelly Taylor on 03 474 3434 or at
 k[1][email address] for assistance with your inquiry.





If this message is not intended for you please delete it and notify us
immediately; you are warned that any further use, dissemination,
distribution or reproduction of this material by you is prohibited.



Visible links
1. mailto:[email address]

Link to this

Sent request to Dunedin City Council again, using a new contact address.

Things to do with this request

Dunedin City Council only: