New Zealand Police
New Zealand Police includes OFCANZ, the Organised and Financial Crimes Agency.
Information about yourself
Requests for information about yourself are Privacy Act requests and must not be made here. Instead, use the Request for Personal Information online form on the Police website. If you ignore these instructions, your request here may be hidden or even deleted without notice.
Proof of eligibility
New Zealand Police often ask for proof of address before replying to Official Information Act requests. This is only one way of satisfying the eligibility requirements of s12(1) of the Official Information Act.
- DO NOT include your address in the request (it will automatically be published). If you already have, contact us and we will hide it for you.
- DO state that you reside in New Zealand. It is our hope that in time making this statement will be considered sufficient.
You may have to contact the Police by email or phone to confirm your address in the mean time.
Contacted directly by Police?
If you are contacted directly (such as by email or phone), please:
- Ask how they found your contact information. We do not share your contact details with anyone.
- Insist that the OIA response be sent to you through FYI.org.nz, to the ..@requests.fyi.org.nz email address on the original email.
- Let us know you were contacted and how they found your details - either as a comment or privately to the FYI.org.nz team. We would like to monitor this behaviour.
Response received directly
If you have received your response outside the FYI system (such as by direct email), please:
- Reply to them asking that they re-send the response to the ..@requests.fyi.org.nz email address on the original email. We can provide this if they have lost it.
- Let us know in a comment that you received your response bypassing FYI.org.nz.
Only requests made using FYI are shown. ?