Total numbers of illegal parking tickets per year

Simon Tie made this Official Information request to Ministry of Transport

The request was partially successful.

From: Simon Tie

Dear Ministry of Transport,
I am currently working on a school project and I'm missing some crucial information which I can't seem to Google. What was the total number to tickets issued for illegal parking in NZ in 2015 and what was the total value of those tickets? How much did it approximated cost to employ people to patrol around parking area?

Yours faithfully,
Simon Tie

Link to this

Oliver Lineham ( volunteer) left an annotation ()

Parking is the job of individual councils. I think it's unlikely the MoT will have any of these figures. I'm not sure if anyone aggregates ticket numbers into a single national figure.

Link to this

From: Reception Desk
Ministry of Transport

Attachment image001.gif
9K Download

Attachment image010.jpg
2K Download

Attachment image011.jpg
1K Download

Attachment image012.jpg
0K Download

Attachment image013.jpg
1K Download



Holly Nepia

Organisational Development

Ministry of Transport – Te Manatū Waka

T: +64 4 439 9000 | E: [1][email address] |


Ensuring our transport system helps New Zealand thrive


From: [email address] [mailto:[email address]]
Sent: Tuesday, 23 February 2016 3:12 p.m.
To: Reception Desk
Subject: RE: Official Information Act request - Total numbers of illegal
parking tickets per year


Hello Ina


The NZ Transport Agency do not employ parking wardens, or issue parking
tickets. This would be the jurisdiction of local councils, please refer
your customer their local council.


Kind regards,


Kirsty Whitaker / Senior Customer Access Representative
Customer Response Team – Customer Access  

P 0800 366 988 Ext: 6915

E [3][email address] / w [4]

Private Bag 11777, Palmerston North 4442, New Zealand


_________  _____________________________________________   


[6][IMG]                              [7][IMG] [8][IMG] [9][IMG]  


show quoted sections

Link to this

Things to do with this request

Ministry of Transport only: