Data around the failures of Metlink Bus 39: Island Bay to Wellington
KRMC made this Official Information request to Wellington Regional Council
Currently waiting for a response from Wellington Regional Council, they must respond promptly and normally no later than (details and exceptions).
Wellington Regional Council,
I would like to make a request for official information under the relevant Act for the following:
- Number of times the number 39 bus has been cancelled since 1 January 2023. Please also specify at what time schedules those buses were cancelled for.
- Number of times the number 39 bus has "no-showed" since 1 January 2023, ie. Shown as uncancelled by Metlink in it's public media applications, but never actually running. Please also specify at what time schedules those buses "no-showed" for.
- Number of complaints logged about the number 39 bus since 1 January 2023, and the nature of those complaints.
- Internal correspondence about what is being done to alleviate cancellations or issues with the number 39 bus since 1 January 2023.
- Information about why the number 39 bus has had it's afternoon services reduced to two services, instead of four.
- Correspondence between Metlink and your office about ongoing issues with bus performance. I am particularly interested in correspondence which references the number 39 bus (you may be seeing a pattern, here).
If I can clarify this request for you, please get in touch as soon as possible.
As required under the relevant Act, you are required to respond to this request no later than 20 working days after the day it was sent. According to the Ombudsman's online calculator (here: http://www.ombudsman.parliament.nz/), I expect a reply by Thursday 15 June 2023 at the very latest. Failure to do so will result in a complaint to the Ombudsman.
From: Darrell Young
Wellington Regional Council
Acknowledgement of Request for Information under the Local Government
Official Information and Meetings Act 1987
Thank you for your email dated 17 May 2023, requesting information
regarding data around the failures of Metlink Bus 39: Island Bay to
Your request is being followed-up and a reply will be sent to you within
20 working days of the request being received.
Please note that it is our policy to proactively release our responses to
official information requests where possible. We do not publish
requesters’ personal information.
We will let you know when we respond to your request if we intend to
publish it on Greater Wellington’s website.
Greater Wellington Regional Council
ATTENTION: This correspondence is confidential and intended for the named
recipient(s) only. If you are not the named recipient and receive this
correspondence in error, you must not copy, distribute or take any action
in reliance on it and you should delete it from your system and notify the
sender immediately. Unless otherwise stated, any views or opinions
expressed are solely those of the author, and do not represent those of
Things to do with this request
- Add an annotation (to help the requester or others)
- Download a zip file of all correspondence