Ghost bus issues.
From: Andrew Crow
Dear Wellington Regional Council,
As you may know the public are now using the term “ghost bus” to reference any bus that fails to arrive.
Often a ghost bus shows up on the Real Time Information (RTI) board, counts down the minutes to “due” and then disappears off the board and the bus never shows up.
It’s seems this ghost bus issue has been significantly worse since the service changes last year.
Under OIA I request:
1. Any information about cause of the ghost bus issues.
2 Any data that would show if this issue really has become worse since service changes.
3. Any information about what is being done about the ghost bus problem.
4. Any internal documents that refer the the words “ghost bus” I.E is this an informal term your staff use.
5. Any statistics about canceled services before and after the service changes last year.
6. Any other relevant documents that might help the public understand why the bus service is so bad.
From: Alice Clark
Wellington Regional Council
Acknowledgement of Request for Information under the Local Government
Official Information and Meetings Act 1987
Thank you for your email transferred from FYI on 05 March 2019,
requesting information regarding Ghost Buses
Your request is being followed-up and a reply will be sent to you shortly.
Greater Wellington Regional Council
ATTENTION: This correspondence is confidential and intended for the named
recipient(s) only. If you are not the named recipient and receive this
correspondence in error, you must not copy, distribute or take any action
in reliance on it and you should delete it from your system and notify the
sender immediately. Unless otherwise stated, any views or opinions
expressed are solely those of the author, and do not represent those of