Alignment of MHWS - Wastewater Treatment Plant Outfall, Rukutane Point
From: Brian Warburton
Dear Porirua City Council,
The Council is in the process of seeking RMA consents for Porirua's wastewater treatment plant. The proposal entails a discharge of 'treated' wastewater to the coastal marine area (the CMA). The landward limit of the CMA is defined by the alignment of the Mean High Water Springs (MHWS) - see section 2 of the RMA.
Please provide me with the following information:
- in the preparation of its consent application did PCC undertake a site-specific survey to determine the location of MHWS.
- if PCC undertook such a survey what was the outcome of that.
- if PCC undertook such a survey what was method used to determine the alignment of the MHWS.
- if no such survey was undertaken, was that a deliberate decision or was it an oversight.
- if PCC didn't undertake an up-to-date site-specific survey, and relied upon other information about the location of the MHWS what was that other information it relied upon.
- if the omission of such a survey was a deliberate decision the corresponding reasons.
From: Porirua City Council Enquiries
Thanks for your email.
Your request will be logged the next business day, one of our customer
service staff will then be in touch with a reference number or response.
If your matter is urgent please phone us anytime on 04 237 5089.
You can also contact us using the Antenno app which allows you to easily
report an issue, send photos and advise location details.
Customer Services Officer (Contact Centre)
Kaiarahi Ratonga Kiritaki (Pokapa Whakapa)
04 237 5089 I poriruacity.govt.nz
Did you know you can report issues direct to us Using Antenno. Learn more