Alignment of MHWS - Wastewater Treatment Plant Outfall, Rukutane Point
The request was refused by Porirua City Council.
From: Brian Warburton
Dear Porirua City Council,
The Council is in the process of seeking RMA consents for Porirua's wastewater treatment plant. The proposal entails a discharge of 'treated' wastewater to the coastal marine area (the CMA). The landward limit of the CMA is defined by the alignment of the Mean High Water Springs (MHWS) - see section 2 of the RMA.
Please provide me with the following information:
- in the preparation of its consent application did PCC undertake a site-specific survey to determine the location of MHWS.
- if PCC undertook such a survey what was the outcome of that.
- if PCC undertook such a survey what was method used to determine the alignment of the MHWS.
- if no such survey was undertaken, was that a deliberate decision or was it an oversight.
- if PCC didn't undertake an up-to-date site-specific survey, and relied upon other information about the location of the MHWS what was that other information it relied upon.
- if the omission of such a survey was a deliberate decision the corresponding reasons.
From: Porirua City Council Enquiries
Thanks for your email.
Your request will be logged the next business day, one of our customer
service staff will then be in touch with a reference number or response.
If your matter is urgent please phone us anytime on 04 237 5089.
You can also contact us using the Antenno app which allows you to easily
report an issue, send photos and advise location details.
Customer Services Officer (Contact Centre)
Kaiarahi Ratonga Kiritaki (Pokapa Whakapa)
04 237 5089 I poriruacity.govt.nz
Did you know you can report issues direct to us Using Antenno. Learn more
From: Moana Wyatt
Porirua City Council
Kia ora Brian
Please find attached a reply to your recent Local Government Official
Information and Meetings Act request relating to the alignment of the MHWS
at the outfall at Rukutane Point.
Moana Wyatt (she/her)
Principal Advisor (Information)
Kaitohutohu Matua (Pārongo)
Tel: 04 237 1411 I [mobile number]
Please note: I work Monday, Tuesday and Thursday and may not respond on
unscheduled work days.
The content of this email is confidential, may be legally privileged and
is intended only for the person named above. If this email is not
addressed to you, you must not use, disclose or distribute any of the
content. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify the
sender by return email and delete the email. Thank you.