Keith Spry Pool Use of Cameras at pool

S. Paurini made this Official Information request to Wellington City Council

Response to this request is long overdue. By law Wellington City Council should have responded by now (details and exceptions). You can complain to the Ombudsman.

From: S. Paurini

Dear Wellington City Council,

You may or may not know that iPads and android phones and tablets are used by pool customers to record video and take photographs at the Keith Spry Pool.

However, when I needed photographs of the pools and changing facilities to illustrate some concerns I needed to raise with the Wellington City Council I was declined access by the Community Pools Manager Amy Carter on privacy grounds.

Amy explained that taking photographs and videos is not allowed at the facility or around the pools. I know that's not true but Ms Carter didn't want me taking photographs of the pool areas and changing facilities so that I couldn't provide evidence to the Wellington City Council.

Please provide me with the full policy on using cameras at the Keith Spry Pool.

Yours faithfully,

S. Paurini

Link to this

From: BUS: Assurance
Wellington City Council

Tēnā koe Seann

Thank you for your email dated 2 July 2020 requesting information.

Our team will manage your request under the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987 which requires us to respond as soon as possible, but no later than 30 July 2020.

The reference number for your request is IRO-10201.

Please contact us if you have any further questions.

Kind regards

Jessica Hall
Assurance Services Coordinator  | Wellington City Council
| W | |

The information contained in this email is privileged and confidential and intended for the addressee only.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are asked to respect that confidentiality and not disclose, copy or make use of its contents.
If received in error you are asked to destroy this email and contact the sender immediately. Your assistance is appreciated.

Link to this

Things to do with this request

Wellington City Council only: