We don't know whether the most recent response to this request contains information or not – if you are Adam Parkinson please sign in and let everyone know.

Has a Mandatory 2019 Traffic survey been undertaken for Wynyard Quarter

Adam Parkinson made this Official Information request to Auckland Transport

This request has an unknown status. We're waiting for Adam Parkinson to read a recent response and update the status.

From: Adam Parkinson

Dear Auckland Transport,

Pursuant to the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act, I am requesting:
1. Whether or not a traffic data survey has been undertaken for 2019 as per the requirements of the Resource Consent for Wynyard quarter, and based on the methodology provided in I214.11.1 of the Auckland Unitary Plan (previously Annexure 18 of the Auckland City District Plan).
2.If a survey has not been completed for 2019 as per the requirements of the resource consent, please advise why.
3.If a survey has occurred, but employing different methodology from the one outlined in the resource consent conditions, please advise me why any changes to this process have been made.

I note that the last survey available from AT was undertaken in March 2018. And the Resource Consent conditions require annual surveys be undertaken according to the stipulated methodology.

The Resource Consent for Wynyard Quarter set a target of a 30:70 mode split by 2020, where single occupancy private vehicle trips represent no more than 30% of the overall trips to and from Wynyard Quarter, and where the remaining 70% of all journeys are made by sustainable modes.
The vehicle ceiling targets set for the area in the District Plan aimed to reduce the number of single occupancy vehicles at peak times.
The split is also put into Plan Change 4 in the Unitary Plan, rather than being just a target Auckland Transport (AT) might aim for.
Trip generation ceiling targets were specified in the Plans and are linked to the extent and timing of development permitted in WQ.

Section I214.11 of the Auckland Unitary Plan identifies objectives so that Wynyard Quarter can be developed in a sustainable manner. In order to meet these objectives, the Unitary Plan has various policies and methods specifically related to Wynyard Quarter. This includes the monitoring of traffic effects both internal and external to WQ, with a methodology specified in I214.11.1 Appendix 1: Methodology for Undertaking Traffic Generation Surveys in Wynyard Quarter.
Appendix 1 also sets out the objective sand general description of data required. The methodology includes survey dates and times, buildings to be surveyed and the survey intervals.
In order to ensure that existing road infrastructure is capable of accommodating the proposed development associated with WQ, trip generation ceiling targets are specified in Section I214.8.2 of the Unitary Plan. These ceiling targets are for vehicles to and from Wynyard Quarter from all activities.

The scheduling of these surveys are referenced in Appendix 1 Objectives:
To confirm the vehicle traffic generated by the office buildings in Wynyard (a)Quarter during the morning and evening peak period as surveyed in 2009:
On a 6-monthly basis for two years following the date that Plan Change 4 (i) becomes operative; and thereafter, ANNUALLY.

Yours faithfully,
Adam Parkinson

Link to this

From: AT Official Information (AT)
Auckland Transport

Kia ora Adam,
Auckland Transport (AT) acknowledges receipt of your request for official
information dated 15 December 2019 about mandatory 2019 traffic survey for
Wynyard Quarter.
We hope to respond to your request as soon as possible, but not later than
3 February 2020. If we aren’t able to respond to your request by then, we
will notify you of an extension of that timeframe.
Your case is being managed by Varsha, who is one of our LGOIMA Business
Partners. If you have any further queries, you can contact the team on
(09) 355 3553 during business hours, quoting Local Government Official
Information request number CAS-55185-R0C5B4.
Ngâ mihi,
Pablo | Customer Care Coordinator
Customer Care – Case Management
Auckland Transport
Private Bag 92250, Auckland 1142
P 09 355 3553 | E [email address] or
[email address]
[3]cid:image002.jpg@01D2927A.134A0850[4]cid:image003.jpg@01D2927A.134A0850 [5]cid:image004.jpg@01D2927A.134A0850 [6]cid:image005.jpg@01D2927A.134A0850[7]cid:image006.jpg@01D2927A.134A0850

show quoted sections

Link to this

We don't know whether the most recent response to this request contains information or not – if you are Adam Parkinson please sign in and let everyone know.

Things to do with this request

Auckland Transport only: