Public-Private Partnership between Auckland Council and Kordia for Provision of Wifi
The request was successful.
From: Jonathan Brewer
Dear Auckland Council,
In 2007 Auckland issued a tender for a city-wide wifi network. This tender was won by Kordia, and the network operates to this day.
1. What did the Council contribute to the existing network build as a one-off capital contribution?
2. What, if any, subsidies does the council contribute to the existing network on an ongoing basis - i.e. OpEx?
3. Does the Council pay Kordia for the use of any infrastructure - such as a dedicated SSID on the network, or connections for CCTV or SCADA purposes?
3a. If so, what are the details of these arrangements?
4. Does the existing network meet the requirements of the Council as set out in the 2007 tender process?
5. Is the council satisfied with the visual aspects of the public space equipment installed after the 2007 process?
6. What are the existing network performance characteristics, and how have these changed over time since the initial installation?
7. Is the Council satisfied with backhaul arrangements for the existing network?
8. What Council infrastructure (i.e. pits, poles, buildings) has been utilized in the existing network, and what are the financial arrangements around this use?
From: FYI Requests
Good afternoon Mr Brewer
Please find attached Council's formal response to your request for
information, pursuant to the Local Government Offical
Information & Meetings Act 1987.
Kim Ravenscroft | Information Advisor
Electoral Office/Public Information Unit | Democracy Services
Ph 09 301 0101 | Extn (40) 5050 | Fax 09 301 0100
Auckland Council | Level 16 | Civic Administration Building | 1 Greys
Avenue | Auckland
Visit our website: www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz
CAUTION: This email message and any attachments contain information that
may be confidential and may be LEGALLY PRIVILEGED. If you are not the
intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this message or
attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email
message in error please notify us immediately and erase all copies of the
message and attachments. We do not accept responsibility for any viruses
or similar carried with our email, or any effects our email may have on
the recipient computer system or network. Any views expressed in this
email may be those of the individual sender and may not necessarily
reflect the views of Council.