Callaghan not responding to an OIA request
The request was successful.
From: IP Expert NZ
Dear Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment,
I am seriously concerned about the fact that my OIA of June 12th to Callaghan is still not answered.
My OIA was about the impact of the Innovation IP program of Callaghan see link : https://www.fyi.org.nz/request/4135-impa...
The key dates are listed below:
- June 12th : my question raised in an OIA.
- June 13th : received first reply from Callaghan where they tried to not answer the questions asked (!)
- July 12th : a note that the deadline was missed due to 'internal processes'
- July 14th : an incomplete answer to the questions was provided
- August 02nd : Callaghan claims 'extenuating circumstances', without providing details or a expected date
- August 12th : Callaghan claims 'pressures of other work commitments' as a reason for further delays.
Can you please make sure that Callaghan is ware of the obligations under the Official Information Act (http://www.legislation.govt.nz/act/publi...).
IP Expert NZ
Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment
Kia Ora IP Expert
Thank you for your email of 16 August regarding Callaghan's response to your OIA request. Callaghan is responsible for meeting its obligations under the Official Information Act. If you are dissatisfied with Callaghan's response to your OIA request, you are entitled to request a review by the Ombudsman as indicated in Callaghan's letter to you of 14 July.