Verification of criminal charges filed against Brian Tamaki
From: Wayne Browning
Dear Ministry of Justice,
I am making this request under Section 12 (1) (a) the Official Information Act 1982.
Can you please provide me with the following:
1. The nature of any and all criminal charges filed against Brian Raymond Tamaki (born 2 February 1958) between 1st January 2000 and 25th July 2022
2. The outcome of all court cases pertaining to the aforementioned
3. Copies of all email correspondence, inter office memos, communications with Police prosecutors, SIS, and other government agencies, text messages, hand written notes and charging documents realting to Brian Raymond Tamaki (born 2 February 1958), and pertaining to the aforementioned
4. Copies of all bail applications, appeal applications and decisions pertaining thereto made by the Courts pertaining to the aforementioned
5. All civil actions, judgements, suits and torts filed against Brian Raymond Tamaki, Destiny Church (and all of its associated companies, trusts, societies and entities)
6. Any and all correspondence,
with Police prosecutors, SIS, and other government agencies, text messages, hand written notes and charging documents pertaining to The Frredoms and Rights Coalition
7. Any and all correspondence,
with Police prosecutors, SIS, and other government agencies, text messages, hand written notes and charging documents pertaining to Covid-19 related marches, protests, and public disruptions caused by the same
8. Any valid reason as to why Brian Raymond Tamaki has not yet been charged as a terrorist under Section 6a of the Terrorism Suppression Act 2002
I can confirm I am a New Zealand citizen and reside in New Zealand.
Ministry of Justice
Thank you for contacting the Official Information Act request mailbox for
the Ministry of Justice. We will endeavour to acknowledge your
email within 2 working days
You can find more information about how we can help you at our Official
Information Act Requests page.
Please note that by law, when you ask for official information we have to
respond to your request as soon as reasonably practicable and no later
than 20 working days after we receive it.
Please send any non-OIA related emails through to
o[email address] and any complaints through to
2. mailto:[email address]
3. mailto:[email address]
Ministry of Justice
Thank you for emailing the Ministry of Justice.
We acknowledge receipt of your request regarding Brian Tamaki.
This has been forwarded onto the relevant business unit to respond to.
You can expect a response by 22/08/2022
Ministerial Relations and Services
Strategy, Governance and Finance
DDI: +64 4 918 8800