Altered Timing on Pedestrian Crossing Richmond Rd
From: David Harton
Dear Auckland Transport,
The timing for the pedestrian crossing on Richmond Rd, near Westmoreland Rd, has recently changed, extending the wait time for pedestrians even with no traffic.
The change disadvantages pedestrians. This also makes the crossing more dangerous for pedestrians, as few will wait for the lights to change when there is what seems to be a perfectly clear road. It will also anger motorists who may have to wait for lights when no one is crossing as pedestrians may have already crossed on the red man.
We note that many crossings in Auckland operate in the way this crossing used to operate, ie with no traffic, the lights turn orange for vehicles within seconds.
Please provide the following information:
- Please provide all correspondence (emails, memos, texts etc) regarding the requested change. This should include (but not be limited to) correspondence with third parties such as businesses and members of the public. Was input from pedestrians sought?
- Please provide any information as to the safety of the lights before the change. Were there any accidents or incidents? What were the incidents and the severity? And who was found to be to blame in each case?
- Please provide all reasons for making the change.
- Was pedestrian safety considered as part of the change?
From: AT Official Information (AT)
Kia ora David,
Auckland Transport (AT) acknowledges receipt of your request for official
information dated the 21^st of July 2022 relating to pedestrian crossing
improvements on Richmond Road near Westmoreland Street, Grey Lynn.
We hope to respond to your request as soon as possible, but not later than
the 18^th of August 2022, which is 20 working days after the day your
request was received. If we aren’t able to respond to your request by
then, we will notify you of an extension of that timeframe.
Your case is being managed by Cameron, who is one of our LGOIMA Business
partners. If you have any further queries, you can contact the team on
(09) 355 3553 during business hours, quoting Local Government Official
Information request number CAS-598023-V8D2C6.
Peter | Customer Care Coordinator
Customer Care| Case Management
Level 5, 20 Viaduct Harbour Avenue, Auckland 1010
P 09 355 3553
From: David Harton
Dear AT Official Information (AT),
I note that the timing has reverted to the original timing. This does no obviate the need for the request, it just means that I will also need the correspondence that led to this latest change.
Please ensure that this is included in the request.