66 Strickland Street, Sydenham

Amanda made this Official Information request to Earthquake Commission

The request was partially successful.

From: Amanda

Dear Earthquake Commission,

We are selling this home and need all scope of works relating to the property
Thank you

Yours faithfully,

2 Boon Street, Sydenham, Christchurch 8023
66 Strickland Street, Sydenham, Christchurch 8023
66 Strickland Street, Sydenham, Christchurch 8023
66 Strickland Street, Sydenham, Christchurch 8023

Link to this

From: EQC Info Mailbox
Earthquake Commission

10.6M Download View as HTML

Dear Amanda, 


Thank you for contacting the Earthquake Commission (EQC).  Your
information request has been considered under the Official Information Act
(OIA) and Privacy Act (PA).  



Please find attached a copy of the Fletcher Earthquake Recovery (EQR)
scope of works as requested for the above property.  The attached response
contains the following:  


•    Property assessments (Full assessment, scope of works, claim

•    Scope change summary 

•    Contractor quote 

•    Work orders 

•    Variations to work orders 

•    Sign off documents 

•    Final account agreements 

•    EQR Property Overview (financial summary)  


In accordance with the provisions of section 31A of the EQC Act, I have
included EQC documentation relating to the assessments and repairs carried
out at the property, which contains information held on unassigned claim
numbers.  The claim owner has not provided authority for you to have
access to the claims; however, as the real estate agent marketing the
property you have an interest in understanding what assessments and
repairs have been undertaken at the property. 


For information about transferring ownership of the claim you can visit
our website [1]here. 


I confirm that the enclosed sign off documents encompass all works
completed under the Canterbury Home Repair Programme (CHRP) for the


There was a partial cash settlement made for emergency repairs to damage
to the doors although for privacy reasons, we are unable to provide any
documentation relating to this.


To protect the privacy of the respective owners, I have withheld
information relating to the previous homeowners and other neighbouring
properties. under section 9(2)(a) of the OIA and section 53(b) of the PA.


Further Information

You have the option of approaching the Office of the Ombudsman and/or
Privacy Commissioner should you wish. The Ombudsman can be contacted at P
O Box 10 152, Wellington 6143, on Freephone 0800 802 602, or visit


EQC assessments have a very specific purpose and, for this reason, are
limited in their use. The purpose of an EQC building assessment is to
record the natural disaster damage which has occurred to residential
buildings (as defined in the [3]EQC Act).

EQC uses this assessment to create a Scope of Works that details the
strategy for repairing the natural disaster damage (only) and the
estimated cost of that repair.  They are not a substitute for a
pre-purchase inspection and should not be solely relied upon by home
buyers when doing thorough due diligence as part of a potential property

You can read more about getting help to assess risks in an area affected
by earthquakes, floods or other natural disasters when buying a house on
the [4]Consumer Protection website.

How to contact us

If you require more information, please visit [5]www.eqc.govt.nz or phone
0800 DAMAGE (0800 326 243) between 7am-9pm Monday-Friday.

Please ensure you include your claim number when you enquire.


Yours Sincerely


Dominic Howard | Customer Service Consultant | Readiness and Recovery |

Earthquake Commission | Kōmihana Rūwhenua

0800 DAMAGE |  [6][EQC request email] | PO Box 311, Wellington 6140


[8]Project lead Roger Shelton from BRANZ

Thinking of buying or selling your home? Check out [9]www.settled.govt.nz
to help you understand how it works and what to look for when you’re
researching a property. While you’re there, take a look at their
information on [10]understanding the impact of natural hazards.




show quoted sections

Link to this

Things to do with this request

Earthquake Commission only: