7 Pohutakawa Cresent, Parklands

Amanda made this Official Information request to Earthquake Commission

The request was partially successful.

From: Amanda

Dear Earthquake Commission,

I am selling 7 Pohutakawa Cres and we seem to have some documentation missing, Can we please have all scope information and any info around these claims.




Yours faithfully,
Amanda Blair

Link to this

From: EQC Info Mailbox
Earthquake Commission

14.7M Download View as HTML

Dear Amanda,


Thank you for contacting the Earthquake Commission (EQC).


CLM/2011/215345, CLM/2012/035512 & CLM/2010/108924 - 7 POHUTUKAWA

I can confirm the claims for the above address were cash settled and were
not referred to Fletcher Earthquake Recovery (EQR) for a managed repair.
Therefore, I am unable to provide repair documents, as requested.


If you require the ‘sign off’ documents, please obtain this from the
contractor who managed the repairs at the property, I apologise for the
inconvenience that this may cause. 


I have however, attached a copy of the EQC Scope of Works (costed) and
Statement of Claim (uncosted).


Please note that the financial figures contained in this Scope of Works
document are estimate figures, and may not reflect any payments received
as settlement for the claim.


Personal information relating to the previous owners has been withheld for
privacy reasons.


You have the option of approaching the Office of the Ombudsman and/or
Privacy Commissioner should you wish.  The Ombudsman can be contacted at P
O Box 10 152, Wellington 6143, or on Freephone 0800 802 602, or visit


EQC assessments have a very specific purpose and for this reason, are
limited in their use. The purpose of an EQC building assessment is to
record the natural disaster damage which has occurred to residential
buildings (as defined in the EQC Act


EQC uses this assessment to create a Scope of Works that details the
strategy for repairing the natural disaster damage (only) and the
estimated cost of that repair.


They’re not a substitute for a pre-purchase inspection, and should not be
solely relied on by home buyers when doing thorough due diligence as part
of a potential property purchase.


You can read more about getting help to assess risks in an area affected
by earthquakes, floods or other natural disasters when buying a house, on
the [3]Consumer Protection website.

How to Contact Us

If you would like more information, please visit [4]www.eqc.govt.nz  or
phone 0800 DAMAGE (0800 326 243) between 7am-9pm Monday-Friday.

Remember to include your claim number or address when making enquiries.

Kind regards,

Anthony Upton | Customer Service Consultant | Readiness and Recovery |

Earthquake Commission | Kômihana Rûwhenua

0800 DAMAGE | [email address] | PO Box 311, Wellington 6140



[6]Project lead Roger Shelton from BRANZ


Thinking of buying or selling your home? Check out [7]www.settled.govt.nz
to help you understand how it works and what to look for when you’re
researching a property. While you’re there, take a look at their
information on [8]understanding the impact of natural hazards.




show quoted sections

Link to this

Things to do with this request

Earthquake Commission only: