Consideration of covid disruptions to graduate entry vs HSFY entry into MB ChB
Dear University of Otago,
Please provide the following information relating to the application and admission into the MBChB at University of Otago.
1. Has the admissions office had a fixed number of positions available for students applying to study MB ChB via the graduate category in the past (2021, 2020, 2019)?
2. Does the admissions office have a fixed number of positions available for students applying to study MB ChB via the graduate category in 2022?
3. Has the Department of Medicine made any alterations to the number of positions available for students applying to the graduate category in light of covid disruptions to their degrees?
4. Of the total positions available for students to study MB ChB in 2022 are HSFY entry students and graduate entry students competing for the same positions?
- To clarify, what is the order of selection? Are graduate-entry applicants who meet the academic and UCAT thresholds offered positions prior to HSFY-entry applicants?
5. What has the admissions office done to account for covid disruptions to two of the three years graduate students have been undertaking their studies?
To clarify, as the students applying to medicine via the graduate entry category in 2022 are the first students to face this level of disruption to their degrees has the academic threshold been altered in any way to account for this?
With regards to Section 12 of the Official Information Act 1982, I am a New Zealand citizen and located in New Zealand.
From: UoO - Official Information Act
University of Otago
Kia ora Jamie
We acknowledge receipt of your Official Information Act request.
If we have any questions or need to seek clarification on any points we will be in touch soon. Otherwise, we will seek to respond to your request as soon as practicable and no later than 20 working days after the date your request was received (by 1 October 2021). If we are unable to respond to your request by then, we will notify you of an extension of this timeframe.
Official Information and Compliance Coordinator
Official Information Requests | Office of the Registrar | University of Otago | Te Whare Wānanga o Otāgo | New Zealand | Aotearoa
Email/Īmera [email address]