NZ Police - Transgressions against New Zealand Business
Amanda Murtagh made this Official Information request to Poto Williams
Response to this request is long overdue. By law Poto Williams should have responded by now (details and exceptions). You can complain to the Ombudsman.
From: Amanda Murtagh
Dear Poto WIlliams,
Has the Minister, through observation, inquiry, or information permitted:
1. Police to use individuals and/or entities as a front (“agents”) in the initial stages of business dealings with potential suppliers?
2. Police or their agents to unilaterally ignore and dismiss service standards and core values, to destabilise, harass and intimidate potential suppliers, causing potential suppliers and its employees into hardship to gain an unfair advantage?
3. Police or their agents to take advantage police resources for personal gain, making Police complicit in corruption?
4. Police to use their powers to engage with or gain access to commercial entities (e.g.: Banks) and other government department computer systems, to gain access to private personal information, commit fraud and intimidate potential suppliers to gain an unfair advantage in negotiations or to interfere with their commercial business operations?
5. Police to plant drugs to entrap potential suppliers?
6. Is the use of agents by Police regarded as a trade secret by the Police and/or government?
From: P Williams (MIN)
On behalf of Hon Poto Williams, Minister for Building and Construction,
Minister of Police, Associate Minister for Children and Associate Minister
for Housing (Public Housing), thank you for your email.
Please accept this email as acknowledgment of receipt of you
correspondence. Please be assured that all correspondence is read and
Requests to meet with the Minister or have the Minister attend an event
will be considered, and a staff member will get back to you as soon as
If you have a media query, please contact Georgina O'Reilly
If your correspondence is to the Member of Parliament for Christchurch
East, please contact her electorate office at
Please note that if your email expresses a personal view or is copied to
multiple Members of Parliament your views will be noted and there may be
no further correspondence.
Thank you for the taking the time to write.
Regards, Office of Hon Poto Williams
Things to do with this request
- Add an annotation (to help the requester or others)
- Download a zip file of all correspondence