The request was refused by New Zealand Blood Service.
Dear New Zealand Blood Service,
Definition: "experimental" is taken to means any vaccine given for Covid19, that may or may not be safe or have many unknown side effects.
1) Confirmation regarding people that have received any experimental
vaccine; or medical treatment with any medicines relating to the treatment
of COVID19; advise if these people have been restricted from giving blood
donations; provide date of when restrictions where introduced; and
2) Confirmation regarding people that have received any experimental
vaccine; or medical treatment with any medicines relating to COVID19; and
have donated blood; and
2.1) Number of people with experimental vaccine that have donated blood;
2.2) Number of people that have received other such medical treatment that
have donated blood; and
3) Request for any and all reports into the safety of blood donors that
give blood after having any medicines or vaccines related to the COVID19
4) Request for any and all reports relating to the potential impact of
anyone that is not yet received the experimental vaccine, and they receive
blood from a donor that has had the experimental vaccines or medicines
approved for the treatment of the COVID19 Virus.
1) Confirmation of restrictions of anyone to donate blood once they have
received any experimental vaccine for COVID19; and
2) Confirmation of people that have received any experimental vaccine for
COVID19 that have donated blood; and
3) Confirmation of people that have received any blood donation from
anyone that has had experimental vaccine for COVID19; their current
condition if known, if not known why is this not being observed by the
Ministry of Health as a potential medical situation; and
4) Require any and reports regarding the safety of anyone not yet
vaccinated that receives a blood donation from anyone already vaccinated
and the potential impact of anyone receiving blood from someone already
vaccinated for COVID19; and
5) Require information regarding how long the vaccine lives in the body of
anyone vaccinated and how long it may take before it would be safe for
anyone unvaccinated to receive safely from someone that has been
vaccinated for COVID19."
From: Siddins, Vanessa
New Zealand Blood Service
Kia ora Darren-Edward
Confirming receipt of your request via FYI.org.nz for information under the Official Information Act 1982 (OIA), received by us on 22 June 2021.
We refer you to the response below from the Ministry of Health on similar OIA requests that you sent to them this month. The NZ Blood Service provided the information for this response and we have nothing further to add.
Under section 28(3) of the Act you have the right to ask the Ombudsman to review any decisions made under this request.
Nga mihi nui
Executive Assistant to CEO & Director of Finance
t: 09 523 7563 m: 021 181 9060