Permanent member of household definition

dan cleveland made this Official Information request to Ministry of Social Development

The request was successful.

From: dan cleveland

Dear Ministry of Social Development,
Are children in 50/50 care considered permanent members of household for kaainga ora placement/eligibility?

Yours faithfully,

dan cleveland

Link to this

From: OIA_Requests (MSD)
Ministry of Social Development

Kia ora Dan
Thank you for your request of 9 March 2021.
The following link provides you with the eligibility for social housing
You'll be able to find the following information at the above link:
Note the following children are considered to be a dependent child for
eligibility for social housing purposes and would be allocated a bedroom

* they are a child for whom the Orphans Benefit, Unsupported Childs
Benefit, or Foster Care Allowance is being paid or
* there is a shared custody arrangement and the child stays in the house
for overnight stays that are equal to or more than six days per
fortnight or
* they are a dependent child of an [2]additional occupant

If you wish to discuss this decision with us, please feel free to contact
[3][MSD request email].
If you are not satisfied with this decision, you have the right to seek an
investigation and review by the Ombudsman. Information about how to make a
complaint is available at [4] or 0800 802 602.
Official and Parliamentary Information team   |  Ministerial and
Executive Services
Ministry of Social Development
Our Purpose:
We help New Zealanders to be safe, strong and independent.
Manaaki Tangata, Manaaki Whānau.

show quoted sections

Link to this

Things to do with this request

Ministry of Social Development only: