188a Woodham Road, Dallington

Amanda made this Official Information request to Earthquake Commission

The request was successful.

From: Amanda

Dear Earthquake Commission,

I am selling 188a Woodham Road, Dallington and we seem to have some documentation issues and need these to sell, Can we please have all scope information and any info on file, please.

Yours faithfully,
Amanda Blair

Link to this

From: EQC Info Mailbox
Earthquake Commission

Attachment image001.png
5K Download

Attachment CLM 2010 026744 188a Woodham Road.pdf
5.5M Download View as HTML

Dear Amanda,


Thank you for contacting the Earthquake Commission (EQC).



Your information request has been considered under the Official
Information Act (OIA) and Privacy Act (PA).


I can confirm that the above EQC claim was declined due to the property
not being insured at the time of the Earthquake.


I have attached a copy of the EQC Scope of Works (uncosted) and the Full
Assessment Report which details the damage identified by EQC during its
initial assessment of the property.


To protect the privacy of the respective homeowners, I have withheld
information relating to them specifically; under section 9(2)(a) of the
OIA and section 53(b) of the PA.


Further Information

You have the option of approaching the Office of the Ombudsman and/or
Privacy Commissioner should you wish. The Ombudsman can be contacted at P
O Box 10 152, Wellington 6143, on Freephone 0800 802 602, or visit


EQC assessments have a very specific purpose and for this reason, are
limited in their use. The purpose of an EQC building assessment is to
record the natural disaster damage which has occurred to residential
buildings (as defined in the EQC Act


EQC uses this assessment to create a Scope of Works that details the
strategy for repairing the natural disaster damage (only) and the
estimated cost of that repair.


They’re not a substitute for a pre-purchase inspection, and should not be
solely relied on by home buyers when doing thorough due diligence as part
of a potential property purchase.


You can read more about getting help to assess risks in an area affected
by earthquakes, floods or other natural disasters when buying a house, on
the [3]Consumer Protection website.


How to contact us

If you require more information, please visit [4]www.eqc.govt.nz or phone
0800 DAMAGE (0800 326 243) between 7am-9pm Monday-Friday.

Please ensure you include your claim number when you enquire.


Kind Regards,

Laura M| Customer Service Consultant | Readiness and Recovery

Earthquake Commission | Kômihana Rûwhenua

0800 DAMAGE | [5][EQC request email] | PO Box 311, Wellington 6140



Thinking of buying or selling your home? Check out [7]www.settled.govt.nz
to help you understand how it works and what to look for when you’re
researching a property. While you’re there, take a look at their
information on [8]understanding the impact of natural hazards.




show quoted sections

Link to this

Things to do with this request

Earthquake Commission only: