Use of Personal Facebook accounts for making Council Annoucements
From: Andrew Frazer
Dear Porirua City Council,
On 25 November, the mayor said " David Christensen noted it is not normally how PCC post I will discuss with Wendy." This was made in the context of Kris Dando, posting PCC messages using his personal facebook accounts. For your reference the comments that where immediately prior to this where;
*Andrew Frazer* Kris Dando, could PCC start posting as PCC, and not have its staff post using their personal facebook accounts.
As a information consumer it becomes very difficult for people to tell if the post is bonafide. You can subscribe a page to other groups and post that way. You'd get much higher brand recognition and much less confusion."
* David Christensen* Agreed Andrew Frazer. Kris Dando please pass this on to whoever your boss is and I'll talk about it to Anita Baker when I see her. This is very poor PCC message protocol"
(1) Is the mayor aware that for several years, personal accounts have been used by PCC staff for distributing council messages to community pages?
(2) A formal complaint about this was made, but the response was that this was how PCC had decided to do things, because people preferred it. Why does the Mayor think that Kris Dandos message is 'not normal' ? When this is the normal behaviour for PCC.
(3) Andrew Strugnel claimed people had communicated to PCC that they perfered to communicate with him, rather than PCC. Please provide copies of these communications.
(4) Does PCC consider that using personal accounts for distributing council messaging to be acceptable? Does PCC agree that using personal accounts may lead to confusion of who is providing the message, and the validity of those messages? Does using a personal facebook account for the delivery of a council message breech the councils Acceptable Use Policys, or any other Staff policy?
(5) Does PCC consider there might be a better way to use Facebook
(6) Is PCC aware that a facebook page ( such as PCC's page ) can join other groups and share/post as that pages profile?
Porirua City Council
Thanks for emailing us.
Please call us on 04 237 5089 if your request is urgent, a matter of
public safety, or you need an answer straight away. We have a 24/7 Contact
Centre but can’t always reply to emails immediately – we’ll get back to
you as soon as we can.
There are other ways to get in touch:
- download the free Antenno app to report something to us quickly and
easily using your mobile phone. We’ll also send you notifications and
alerts about places and topics you care about – recycling collection days,
road closures, water outages, events and more. Just search for Antenno at
the App Store or get Antenno on Google Play. For more about Antenno, check
our website: www.poriruacity.govt.nz/antenno.
- visit our friendly Customer Services team during business hours you will
find us opposite the BNZ Tower, at 18 Hartham Place North, Porirua City –
near the children’s playground – poriruacity.govt.nz/contact-us.
You can also visit our website poriruacity.govt.nz or our Facebook page.
Customer Services team
The content of this email is confidential, may be legally privileged and is intended only for the person named above. If this email is not addressed to you, you must not use, disclose or distribute any of the content. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify the sender by return email and delete the email. Thank you.
From: Records Management
Please find attached an acknowledgement letter for your request for
Records & Scanning Officer
Kaiārahi Pūkete me te Karapa
Email Sig1 resized
Porirua City Council
Thank you for contacting us.
Your email request for official information has been referred to
our Records Management Team.
We expect that you will be contacted in due course.
Customer Services Officer (Contact Centre)
Kaiarahi Ratonga Kiritaki (Pokapa Whakapa)
Tel: 04 237 5089