Carcasses on SI Beach
Dear Department of Conservation,
Please provide the following in relation to the samples taken from carcasses from the SI beach recently:
1. All test results for all samples taken - all agencies and results as sent to DOC prior to press release 20/11/19
2. Methods used for testing
3. Sample types (eg muscle, bone etc)
4. Requested tests from DOC to the laboratories conducted on the carcasses
5. Storage and or transport of the carcasses between the beach area and the laboratories- please note of frozen, chilled etc.
5. Any Correspondence relating to the press release between DOC and the media relating to the deaths
6. Any correspondence relating to the apparent ‘suicide’ and or the ‘floods’ that supposedly caused the deaths and the methods of their decline.
7. Please also provide correspondence/phone calls etc relating to the 600 odd carcasses between DOC staff and between DOC staff and the laboratories concerned between 1/11/19 to 20/11/19.
From: Government Services
Department of Conservation
On behalf of the Director-General of the Department of Conservation, I
confirm receipt of your request below.
Your request has been forwarded to the relevant business group for
processing. You will receive a reply in accordance with the requirements
of the Official Information Act 1982.