Information for the purpose of participating in the Royal Commission inquiry into the attack on Christchurch Mosques.
This request has an unknown status. We're waiting for Mahrukh Sarwar to read a recent response and update the status.
From: Mahrukh Sarwar
Dear New Zealand Defence Force,
We request the following information for the purpose of participating in the Royal Commission inquiry into the attack on Christchurch Mosques.
Relevant Operative Mentions
1. Copies of NZDF documents, correspondences and addresses (including but not limited to emails, letters, presentations), for periods A, B, C and D, referring to any of the following terms:
a. Arab / Muslim / Islam / Islamist / Islamicist / Jihadist /
b. Terrorists / Extremists / Radical / Far-right / White supremacy
2. What professional cultural advice or training or resources has the NZDF requested or received on Islam or Muslims for periods A, B, C and D?
3. Do all of your staff receive comprehensive cultural intelligence and full competency training and review?
4. Was the counter-terrorism squad trained to deal with a shooter at a place of worship?
5. Did the counter-terrorism squad have any training in how to respond to a mass shooter at a Mosque?
5. What proven intelligence principles is your work based on?
6. Who is the NZDF’s on-hand cultural advisor/negotiator/facilitator for:
a. On-going strategy
b. Emergency Situations
7. What is the ethnic cultural composition over the periods A, B, C and D of your
a. senior management
b. senior operational staff
8. What diverse perspectives have been embraced and resulted in reform of organisational culture that promotes diverse experiences and perspectives?
We request information for the following time periods:
Period A: October 2017 – present
Period B: November 2008 – October 2017
Period C: December 1999 – November 2008
Period D: November 1990 – November 1999
For the requests that ask for information from Periods A, B, C and D please note we do not require that all the information come through at once.
We request in order of this priority: Period A, then B, then C and finally period D.
Word-specific requests: please include variant spellings for these. E.g. For a request pertaining to “Muslim”, please include variants such as “Moslem”.
We appreciate that our requests are extensive. However, they are not disproportionate to the significance of the matters we are engaging in with the Royal Commission.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
From: Ministerial Services
New Zealand Defence Force
Good morning Ms Sarwar,
Please find attached a response to your request for information.
Corporate and Ministerial Services
OCDF, Office of Chief of Defence Force
New Zealand Defence Force