All requested information pertains to the Te Puna Wai O Tuhinapo Youth Justice Residence for the calendar year 2018.
This request has an unknown status. We're waiting for Charles Jordan to read a recent response and update the status.
From: Charles Jordan
Dear Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, please provide the following information.
1. Number of assaults on staff.
2. Number of assaults on residents.
3. Number of incident reports indicating inappropriate contact between male and female residents.
4. Have male and female residents been housed together in the same units ? If so how often has this occurred.
5. Number of escape attempts.
6. Number of incidents involving illegal substances being discovered in the facility.
7. Number of staff subject to disciplinary action, the specific reason and disciplinary actions taken.
8. Number of suicide or self harm incidents.
9. Number of secure care admissions.
10. Other than NVCI what training and resources are offered to staff to prepare them to safely manage combative and non compliant residents ?
From: OIA_Requests (OT)
Dear Mr Jordan,
I am writing to acknowledge receipt of your Official Information request dated 3 January 2019 for statistics related to Te Puna Wai O Tuhinapo Youth Justice Residence in 2018.
We received your request on 3 January 2019. We will endeavour to respond to your request as soon as possible and in any event no later than 13 February 2019, being 20 working days after the day your request was received. If we are unable to respond to your request by then, we will notify you of an extension of that timeframe.
If you have any queries, please contact the Ministerial Support team on [email address].
PO Box 546, Wellington 6140
P E: OIA [email address]