Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) - Admission Statistics and Selection Process
James Brooke made this Official Information request to University of Otago
The request was partially successful.
From: James Brooke
Dear University of Otago,
I am writing to you with regards to the admission statistics and selection process for the Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) programme.
I understand that students gain entry to the Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) programme after completing the Health Sciences First Year (HSFY) programme.
My questions are for the latest admissions cycle (either 2015 or 2016):
1) How many students are enrolled in the Health Sciences First Year (HSFY) programme?
2) How many of these HSFY students apply for the Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) programme?
3) How many of these HSFY applicants are made offers to the Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) programme?
4) I understand that selection are based on HSFY grades, UMAT score and Interview. Please provide the details of selection process and policy.
5) For selection, is there a weighting applied to the HSFY grades, UMAT score and Interview? Please describe the weighting and how is this weighting used for selection?
6) Is there a cut-off score for UMAT?
7) Please provide a spreadsheet listing the applicants (anonymise), HSFY grades, UMAT score, interview scores and offered a place or not.
From: University of Otago Registrar
University of Otago
Dear Mr Brooke,
Please see attached the University of Otago's response to your Official Information request.
show quoted sections
Things to do with this request
- Add an annotation (to help the requester or others)
- Download a zip file of all correspondence