Policies and Processes
The request was partially successful.
From: Andrea Vailalo
Dear MidCentral District Health Board,
I write to request the following information under the Official Information Act.
1) A copy of all relevant processes and policies on how a vulnerable (elderly) patient who is admitted to a ward is informed on adverse, significantly mentally and emotionally harmful news, such as an terminal life diagnosis or other information.
2) What is the criteria for ordering a CT Scan?
3) A copy of all relevant processes and policies on what actions and/or follow up is to happen after and a point of difference and/or anomaly/abnormal result, slight to significant, is detected on an x-ray for a patient with a known previous history of aggressive cancer.
4) What is the criteria for ordering a pathology test for cancer blood markers after a point of difference and/or anomaly and abnormal point of difference, slight to significant, is detected in an x-ray.
5) What is the criteria for ordering a pathology test and/or CT scan and/or relevant testing responses for cancer blood markers after an ED admission where the cause of the symptoms that caused the admission can not be determined conclusively.
Please reply by email if you require further information to assist you in responding to this request.
From: Kay Nagy
MidCentral District Health Board
Secretary to Operations Director
Telephone (06) 350 8826