Normandale School did not have the information requested.
From: [User 4230 name redacted]
Dear Normandale School,
In accordance with the Official Information Act, please provide the number of concerns or complaints about traffic have been made to the school over the period 2009 - 2015, including those made verbally and in writing.
Please provide information for each concern including:
- the date of each concern
- whether made by a parent, member of the public or other authority, for instance Hutt City Council
- the nature of the concern
- what investigation was conducted into the concern
- what actions were taken to address the concern and improve road safety
- a copy of any school traffic management plans for this period including any traffic impact assessments and school traffic policies
- a copy of any road safety intervention plans
- how those plans have been implemented and monitored
A school staff member recently stated on a Dominion Post community enquiry into school traffic: "The ultimate responsibility lies not with the Principal, or the BoT or even the council - it lies with us - it will only be when we take responsibility for own actions and stop blaming others that situations such as these will change."
Please confirm whether this is the school's official approach to road safety or whether the Board and Principal has a school traffic plan in accordance with the following:
National Administration Guideline 5:
Each board of trustees is also required to:
provide a safe physical and emotional environment for students;
promote healthy food and nutrition for all students; and
comply in full with any legislation currently in force or that may be developed to ensure the safety of students and employees.
Please provide your response in digital form via this means.
[Name redacted by admin]