IBM Concentrix and Unitec Dealings: Blueprint for Student Services Proposal
From: Tertiary Institutes Allied Staff Association
Dr Rick Ede
Unitec Institute of Technology
Dear Dr Rick Ede,
Would you please provide the following information pursuant to the above named Act:
1. A copy of what Unitec describes as the Unsolicited Unique proposal that Concentrix has made for Unitec’s consideration.
2. How the proposal is deemed Unsolicited under rule 15.9 of the Principals of Government Procurement and Government Rules of Sourcing?
3. Information as to how the services offered are deemed:
• Meets a current or future need
• Provides value for money
4. Please provide evidence of the market research undertaken by Unitec to ensure that there was no reasonable substitute for the services offered by Concentrix.
5. Please provide a copy of the full business case.
6. Please provide copies of all correspondence between Unitec and Concentrix relevant to the Blueprint proposal, made prior to the proposal and during the consultation phase.
7. Please provide details of the partnership arrangement between IBM, Concentrix and Unitec in setting up and servicing the Call centre on Unitec campus.
8. Please provide details of the programmes which require students to complete work experience at Concentrix? Is this paid work?
9. Please provide details of the guest lecturing of IBM employees at Unitec. What programmes are they lecturing in, what accreditations do they have?
10. Please provide details of the outsourcing of the I.T Infrastructure to IBM.
11. Was this outsourcing of the I.T Infrastructure openly tendered?
Tertiary Institute Allied Staff Association
On behalf of our members