TL;DR for Complaint on citizenship Reference: MVFYYK
Shiv made this Official Information request to Office of the Ombudsman
This request has an unknown status. We're waiting for Shiv to read a recent response and update the status.
Dear Office of the Ombudsman,
TL;DR for MVFYYK's complaint
- Citizenship applicant# MVFYYK (also a long term skill shortage migrant PR, who's got the citizenship approval, got a name change, intimated DIA about name change in May & been waiting for citizenship certificate) complaints about DIA CO, for putting the case on hold to perform more checks at the last minute, right when the citizenship certificate was due to be printed the same day, without any intimation of case being on hold to the candidate, who'd previously already informed DIA about the urgent service passport application plan.
- Applicant #MVFYYK asks why the certificate printing date was even announced, when security checks weren't complete in the system after name change.
- # MVFYYK asks why last minute security checks weren't performed prior to the printing date announcement, anytime in the past two months, after intimation of name change by the candidate to DIA in May.
- # MVFYYK questions the need for such checks that warranted this high alert of the case being put on hold & why it wasn't proactively communicated by DIA- neither before nor after the hold.
- # MVFYYK asks for an estimate of when the final decision would be made
PS: Just reading through the mail thread between # MVFYYK & DIA should give you a better understanding than this TL;DR or my other complaint mail
Thanks for your time
Office of the Ombudsman
Thank you for contacting the Office of the Ombudsman. This is an automated acknowledgement of your email.
If you have submitted a new complaint, we will write to you when it has been allocated a reference number.
If you have requested advice from this Office, we will respond to your request as soon as practicable.
If you have provided additional information relating to an existing complaint, we will add this to your complaint file.
Office of the Ombudsman | Tari o te Kaitiaki Mana Tangata
Phone 0800 802 602 (+64 4 473 9533)|Fax +64 4 471 2254
[Office of the Ombudsman request email] | www.ombudsman.parliament.nz
PO Box 10152, Level 7, SolNet House, 70 The Terrace, Wellington
IMPORTANT: The information contained in this email may be confidential or legally privileged. It is intended solely for the recipient or recipients named in this message. Please note that if you are not the intended recipient you are not authorised to use, copy or distribute the email or any information contained in it. If you have received this email in error, please advise the sender immediately and destroy the original message and any attachments.
Things to do with this request
- Add an annotation (to help the requester or others)
- Download a zip file of all correspondence