Covid Death and Hospitalisation Data Sets
From: Mark Shelly
Dear Ministry of Health,
The department of statistics makes available some Covid-19 statistics but the downloads provide cumulative figures only and some data is not available. I request the following information that is not available for download from the department of statistics and which staff at that department have referred me to you to obtain.
Please provide accurate data from March 2020 until the present that is 1) time specific and as finely granulated as possible (preferably week by week, otherwise month by month) and 2) separates statistics for each decade age cohort (0-9, 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80-89, 90+) for:
1. Numbers of people in each age cohort and in each time period hospitalised due to Covid-19.
2. Numbers of people in each vaccine status group (unvaccinated, 1 dose, 2 dose, boosted), in each age cohort hospitalised due to Covid-19 for each time period.
3. Numbers of people in each age cohort and in each time period admitted to ICU due to Covid-19.
4. Numbers of people in each vaccine status group (unvaccinated, 1 dose, 2 dose, boosted, status unknown), in each age cohort admitted to ICU as a result of Covid-19 for each time period.
5. Numbers of people in each vaccine status group (unvaccinated, 1 dose, 2 dose, boosted, status unknown), in each age cohort who are reported as Covid-19 deaths for each time period.
6. Numbers of people in each age cohort and in each time period who died and for which Covid-19 has been determined to be the underlying cause for each time period.
7. Numbers of people in each vaccine status group (unvaccinated, 1 dose, 2 dose, boosted, status unknown), in each age cohort where Covid-19 has been determined to be the underlying cause for each time period.
8. Please provide a full list of information headers (name, dob, address, occupation, national health number, vaccination status, date of admission, length of stay in ICU, date of death, symptoms, blood type, comorbidities, etc...) that MoH seeks to gather, hold or record on each person admitted to ICU with Covid-19 and on each person that dies with or from Covid-19.
From: OIA Requests
Thank you for your Official Information Act request. This is
an automatic reply to let you know we received it.
In accordance with the Act, we'll let you know our decision within no more
than 20 working days. If you'd like to calculate the timeframe, you can
use the Ombudsman's online calculator
Due to the COVID-19 global pandemic response, the Ministry is experiencing
significantly higher volumes of queries and requests for information. This
means we may take some time in responding to your request. The Ministry
regularly updates information about the COVID-19 situation and publishes
OIA responses considered to be of public interest:
Please also refer to the Unite Against Covid-19 website for copies of
papers, minutes, and key advice for the decisions the Government has made
relating to COVID-19.
Sometimes we may need to clarify aspects of a request. You can expect to
hear from us soon if that is the case here.
Office of the Director-General
Ministry of Health
E: [email address]
3. mailto:[email address]