COVID-19 vaccine certificates justification
From: Malcolm France
Dear Chris Hipkins,
I request to be provided with the evidence and facts of the following questions under section 12 of the Official Information Act 1982 ,and The Declaration on Open and Transparent Government as approved by Cabinet on 8 August 2011.
For purposes of this document and attached process, if any, the term “NEW ZEALAND” hereafter NZ means the corporation, and all officers, agents, employees, subdivisions and representatives aka NZ Government”
------------------------ -------------------------- ---------------------------------
Given that NZ is going for a 90% vaccination rate equal to herd immunity , because NZ opted for elimination strategy with lockdowns etc giving very little natural immunity , while most of the the rest of the world has lower vaccination target because it was more open and have higher natural immunity in ‘the herd’ by at least 10%.
And at the beginning of October 2021 NZ PM Adern announced the intention to issue vaccine certificates aka passports in NZ after being vaccinated. After which she has further admitted that they are being used to coerce vaccines and will create a 2 tier class division.
While the Great Barrington Declaration advocates for targeted protection of the vulnerable and no coercion of the vaccines including in NZ case mandatory vaccines and vaccine certificates . https://gbdeclaration.org/
I request information from you as follows asap in days not weeks.
1) Confirm vaccine certificates were originally only planed for external international travel .
2) Given all the above why does NZ need a NZ COVID-19 vaccine certificate for internal use once herd immunity is reached ?
3) Why is a vaccine certificate beneficial for the people of Aotearoa internally once herd immunity reached.
4) Please supply all information/advice/studies looked at and used regardless if relied on or not by you and cabinet to justify the implementation of a CovId-19 vaccination certificate?
5) What public consultation process was done to pass the COVID-19 vaccine certificate ?
6) What legal process was followed, including but not limited to what legislation was the COVID-19 vaccine certificate authorised and passed under ?
7) Notwithstanding the Bill of Rights Act 1990 was written to protect humans from government over reach . What justification and right do you or NZ have for authorizing a COVID-19 vaccine certificate that allows both NZ , private businesses and NGO's etc to breach s12,14,15,16,17 & 18 of the Bill of Rights Act 1990 for those without vaccination certificates? ,
8) What justification and right do you or NZ have for authorizing a COVID-19 vaccine certificate that allows both NZ , private businesses and NGO's to breach or to possibly breach articles 1, 2, 3,13, 21.2, 23.1, 25.1, 26, 27 & 28 of the 1948 UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights, which NZ signed up to , for those without vaccination certificates ?
9) What policy used and measures are being taken to ensure mitigation of above breaches of Bill of Rights Act 1990 and UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights 1948 for those without vaccinations ?
10) Supply all information on meeting discussions , correspondence, studies , advice, documents or verbal etc used to make such policy in questions 6,7 & 8 above.
11) Confirm the COVID-19 vaccine certificate is temporary .
12) When is the end date of the COVID-19 vaccine certificate and if it has none yet what are the criteria used for setting such a date ?
As the Minister of COVID-19 Response you will already have these answers to competently do your job, so they should take no time at all. If similar OIAs have the answers , then forward them, in order to save time .
I look forward to your personal response in the manner and less than the time frame required under the NZ Official Information Act to the above contacts.
legal person and said citizen
Mr Malcolm France
Vote of No Confidence Protest
From: C Hipkins (MIN)
Thank you for taking the time to write to Hon Chris Hipkins, Minister for
COVID-19 Response, Minister of Education, Minister for the Public Sector
and Leader of the House.
We are receiving a significant amount of correspondence at the moment and,
although your email will be carefully considered and noted, it is not
possible to respond to each individual email. However, please note that
this is an automatic response and we will endeavour to respond to your
individual queries as soon as we can.
You can find the latest information and guidance about Alert Levels at
The locations of interest are set out
encourage anyone who has been at one of the locations of interest at the
time specified to self-isolate and call Healthline on 0800 358 5453. You
can find the nearest testing centre to you
We appreciate that this is a challenging time. If you need to talk, you
can call or text 1737 at any time. Mental health and wellbeing resources
are also available
about the financial support available to individuals and businesses can be
found at https://covid19.govt.nz/business-and-mon....
We also understand that there are several other aspects to the response
that are very important to people. You can find more information about:
o Managed Isolation and Quarantine (MIQ)
at https://www.miq.govt.nz/, including how to request an emergency
make a complaint or request a review of your application by
o Travel with Australia
you are in Australia, please register
at https://www.safetravel.govt.nz/ and if it is an emergency,
contact the Consulate on +64 99 20 20 20.
o Vaccines at https://covid19.govt.nz/covid-19-vaccines/, including
how to book your vaccine
at https://bookmyvaccine.covid19.health.nz/... by calling 0800 28
o Vaccine data and statistics
Medsafe’s vaccine safety monitoring reports
o The Government’s plan to reconnect New Zealand with the rest of the
Please remember to take care, and be kind. We have beaten COVID-19 before,
and we can do it again.
Office of Hon Chris Hipkins
Minister for COVID-19 Response | Minister of Education | Minister for the
Public Sector | Leader of the House | MP for Remutaka