Citizenship application processing delays causing frustration
This request has an unknown status. We're waiting for Rakesh Tyagi to read a recent response and update the status.
From: Rakesh Tyagi
Dear Department of Internal Affairs,
Dear Team Leader
The application processing time taken is causing a great frustration among all the applicants .it is surprising that still people who applied in 2020 are waiting to know the outcome of their application.
Will you please tell that :
1. Is there any staffing issue that is causing delays?
2. Is it processing time taken which is causing delays?
3. Why even allocation to a case officer is taking several months?
4. Which month applications are being processed now?
5. How many applications you received from 1.1.21 till 30.9.21 ( both online and off line) in all the offices throughout the country?
6 How many online and offline applications in all the offices have been proceeded this year since 1.1.21?
7. How many staff members are working every month and how many applications are processed by an office on a average per month?
Department of Internal Affairs
Tçnâ koe Rakesh,
Thank you for your OIA request to the Department of Internal Affairs (included with this email)
The Department will provide its response to your request as soon as practicable and within twenty working days. The 20th working day is 2 November 2021
Please note that in cases where the Department’s response provides information that is identified to be of general public interest, the response may also be published on the Department of Internal Affairs website. If the Department publishes its response to your OIA request, all personal information, including your name and contact details, will be removed.
Michelle Reed (she/her)
Kaitohutohu Ârahi, te Ture Pârongo Ôkawa | Lead Advisor Official Correspondence
Te Urûngi | Organisational Strategy & Performance
Level 6, 45 Pipitea St | PO Box 805, Wellington 6140, New Zealand | www.dia.govt.nz