Christchurch Terror Attack 15 March 2019 timeline
From: greg rzesniowiecki
Dear New Zealand Police,
1. Please provide the CCTV (closed-circuit television) video footage and (or with) timestamps of the Christchurch Terror attacker's vehicle along the route taken from the commencement point (industrial estate on Leslie Hill Drive) on to Mandeville St, then Blenheim Rd and to the Al Noor mosque on Deans Ave, onwards to Bealy Ave where the livestream cut out, the attacker's route to Linwood Mosque whatever route taken, the attacker's route away from Linwood Mosque to the point of capture in Brougham Street.
2. Where you refuse to provide the CCTV video footage, please provide screen captures with timestamps from each camera along the above mentioned route of the attacker's vehicle as it proceeded from commencement to capture and arrest in Brougham St.
3. Please provide any other data or source information that confirms the attacker's route and associated timeline.
4. Please provide information as to the status of the other people arrested on 15 March 2019 in connection with the Christchurch Terror attack. Please provide information as to the locations these were arrested i.e. Harrow and Strickland Sts or elsewhere.
5. Please provide information about the white van in the cordoned off area in Strickland St. Please provide information as to whether it contained explosives or explosive devices as reported in the news media. Please provide information as to how it came to contain explosives and is connected to the Christchurch terror attack.
6. Please provide information that indicates that any of those arrested were connected to the White van in Strickland St.
7. Please provide information about a small Toyota vehicle licence plate FQH875 which left the scene of the Al Noor mosque attack during the shooting and seen (observed in a video from a news report of the day) both parked on the East side of Deans Ave south of Riccarton Rd intersection and also seen (observed in another video from a news media report which indicated the Deans Ave/Riccarton Rd intersection was controlled at that point by NZ police) driving north on Deans Ave to turn right (East) into Riccarton Rd with two people, the driver and a passenger in the front seat. Please provide any information as to whether these were apprehended, questioned or contacted by NZ Police.
From: Ministerial Services
New Zealand Police
Tēnā koe Greg
I acknowledge receipt of your Official Information Act (OIA) request below, received by New Zealand Police on 24 August 2021.
Your request is being actioned pursuant to the OIA. You can expect a response to your request on or before 21 September 2021.
Kind regards, Michelle
Ministerial Services PNHQ
New Zealand Police
Kia ora Mr Rzesniowiecki,
Please find attached a letter in response to your request.
Te Wai Pounamu Information Request Team
P 105 ext. 36624 or 36457
E [email address]
This is an Official Information request made via the FYI website.
Please use this email address for all replies to this request:
[FOI #16484 email]
Is [New Zealand Police request email] the wrong address for Official
Information requests to New Zealand Police? If so, please contact us using
Disclaimer: This message and any reply that you make will be published on
the internet. Our privacy and copyright policies:
If you find this service useful as an Official Information officer, please
ask your web manager to link to us from your organisation's OIA or LGOIMA
1. mailto:[email address]
7. mailto:[FOI #16484 email]
8. mailto:[New Zealand Police request email]