Cycle Threshold Value used to perform the PCR test for COVID19 diagnosis in all cases in the last month
c a made this Official Information request to Institute of Environmental Science and Research Limited
Response to this request is long overdue. By law Institute of Environmental Science and Research Limited should have responded by now (details and exceptions). You can complain to the Ombudsman.
From: c a
Dear Institute of Environmental Science and Research Limited,
Please could you tell me the Cycle Threshold Value used to perform the PCR test for COVID19 diagnosis in all cases in the last month (up to today August20th). Please supply any Cycle Threshold Values that differ if they do.
Things to do with this request
- Add an annotation (to help the requester or others)
- Download a zip file of all correspondence
P McKenna left an annotation ()
I got this data for most of 2021 from the MOH. See my profile there are 2 FYI requests.
It was a huge file but had lots of detail including vaccination status, CT, target protein etc. Overall about 85% of PCRs were single results (in 2020 they were confirming with repeat analysis but they dropped the requirement for that in early 21- I have no idea why. They also increases the CT limit from 40-45 early in 21 too). That means all 85% fell within the manufacturers margin of error (Specificity) and are highly likely to be false positive. The remaining 15% had an average CT of about 27 (from memory ) which indicates that just under half of those are not infections either. Pretty poor result. If you want further info send me a personal message.
Link to this