Are you practising a fraudulent far left policy intentionally ignoring benefit frauds?

Sophie made this Official Information request to Jacinda Ardern

Response to this request is long overdue. By law Jacinda Ardern should have responded by now (details and exceptions). The requester can complain to the Ombudsman.

From: Sophie

Dear Jacinda Ardern,

Before the public, can you swear you didn't ask your Minister of Social Developments or other people who are answerable you prime ministership to intentionally ignore some forms of benefit frauds in New Zealand?

Yours faithfully,


Link to this

From: Rt Hon Jacinda Ardern

Kia ora


Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with Prime Minister Jacinda


If you are writing about an issue relating to COVID-19, mental health,
Immigration, housing or benefit assistance, here's a list of links that
you might find helpful:



For queries around Managed Isolation availability  and/or exemptions:


If you are overseas and need assistance please contact your nearest New
Zealand Embassy or Consulate. Contact details are listed in each
destination page on the SafeTravel website: 
  . For urgent consular assistance after-hours please contact +64 99 20 20
20 (monitored 24 hours a day).


For immigration and visa advice: contact the call centre which is open 
6:00am Monday to midnight on Saturday (NZT).


For urgent housing or benefit enquiries:

∙             Call 0800 559 009 (for under 65)

∙             Call 0800 552 002 (for over 65)


If you need treatment or support for your health or wellbeing, the
following options are available.


Healthline – You can call Healthline for health advice on freephone 0800
611 116 at any time, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Healthline staff
can advise you on the best thing to do in your situation, including which
services are near you and open.


1737 – If you need to talk to someone about how you are feeling, you can
call or text 1737 for free at any time to talk to a trained counsellor.


Mental health crisis teams – If you are concerned that someone is going to
hurt themselves or someone else, you can call your local mental health
crisis team. A full list of numbers is available here:


For Police assistance In an emergency call 111.

For everything else use 105.

You can also make a report online at 


We hope that one of the above links helps answer your question, if not we
will try to get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you again



Office of the Prime Minister





Visible links

Link to this

From: C Sepuloni (MIN)
Jacinda Ardern

Kia ora Sophie,

On behalf of Hon Carmel Sepuloni, Minister of Social Development & Employment, thank you for your e-mail which has been transferred from the Prime Minister's Office. I wish to please clarify what you would like to know through your information request?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Shahd El-Matary | Private Secretary Executive Support
Email [email address]
Office of Hon Carmel Sepuloni MP, Minister for Social Development & Employment, Minister for Disability Issues, Minister for ACC and Minister for Arts, Culture and Heritage
Authorised by Hon Carmel Sepuloni MP, Parliament Buildings, Wellington

show quoted sections

Link to this

From: Rt Hon Jacinda Ardern

Dear Sophie,

I am writing on behalf of the Prime Minister, Rt Hon Jacinda Ardern, to acknowledge your email of 10 June 2021. Please be assured your comments have been noted.

As the issue you have raised falls within the portfolio responsibilities of the Minister for Social Development and Employment ,Hon Carmel Sepuloni ([email address] ), your email has been forwarded to the Minister's office for consideration.

Thank you for writing, and take care.

Best wishes

Warren Howe
Office of the Prime Minister

show quoted sections

Link to this

Things to do with this request

Jacinda Ardern only: