Citizenship Queries 2021
This request has an unknown status. We're waiting for Daniel to read recent responses and update the status.
Dear Department of Internal Affairs,
I am requesting to know some information about the Citizenship department as underneath
1. Underneath check processes are from Citizenship Guide November 2020. Can you please tell how many hours efforts(department wise) it takes for a case officer to collect information from these department ? Please add in reply if there is any extra department to collect information by Citizenship case officer.
• New Zealand Police (some convictions are assessed under section 9A of the Citizenship Act)
• New Zealand Security Intelligence Service
• Ministry of Social Development
• Ministry of Justice
• Inland Revenue Department
• Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment.
2.Time taken by a citizenship case officer to approve citizenship (till approved citizenship) for a normal person with no bad credit , no traffic offense , no tax due, etc? Please add in reply if there are more checks? Please provide data from Jan 2021 to June 2021
3. Number of Citizenship files processed per day by a Citizenship case officer (till approved Citizenship), Please provide data from Jan 2020
to June 2021?
4. How many Citizenship case officers are there in DIA by City wise to process the citizenship files? How many in Auckland , Wellington etc?
5.Number for citizenship files allocated to per case officer?
6.Time taken by a case officer to process the file ? (till approved citizenship) Please provide data from Jan 2020 to June 2021.
7. How frequently the citizenship ceremonies are happening ? Just asking months and frequency in a month ? Please provide data from Jan
2021 to June 2021
8. Number for citizenship files applied in Auckland ? How many online and paper based? Please provide data from Jan 2020 to June 2021.
9. Citizenship applications Approved by month (Jan 2021- June 2021)?
10. Currently which months citizenship files are in processing or allocated to citizenship cases officers for Auckland?
Department of Internal Affairs
Tēnā koe Daniel,
Thank you for your OIA request to the Department of Internal Affairs (included with this email)
The Department will provide its response to your request as soon as practicable and within twenty working days. The 20th working day is 9 June 2021
Please note that in cases where the Department’s response provides information that is identified to be of general public interest, the response may also be published on the Department of Internal Affairs website. If the Department publishes its response to your OIA request, all personal information, including your name and contact details, will be removed.
Michelle Reed (she/her)
Lead Advisor – Official Correspondence
Te Tira Mātakitaki Governance, Risk & Assurance
Te Urungi Organisational Strategy and Performance
dia.govt.nz | Facebook
From: SDO Official Correspondence
Department of Internal Affairs
Kia ora Daniel
Please find attached the response to your Official Information Act
Alysha Stevenson | Advisor Official Correspondence
SDO Branch Development and Support Te Waka Aukaha
The Department of Internal Affairs Te Tari Taiwhenua
7 Waterloo Quay | PO Box 805, Wellington 6143| www.dia.govt.nz