Decision-making process for wage subsidy applications in CCOs
This request has an unknown status. We're waiting for S. M. Smith to read a recent response and update the status.
From: S. M. Smith
Kia ora Wellington City Council,
I am interested in the decision-making process and communications relating to which employees were included in Council-Controlled Organisations' wage subisdy applications (and that of Council's itself if applicable).
I am requesting the following information under the LGOIMA and OIA:
For Zealandia/Karori Sanctuary Trust:
(1) A copy of all external or internally-generated advice/information on the subject of the eligibility of employees for the wage subsidy scheme, or minutes/recollection of conversation if advice was verbal.
(2) A copy of all internal communications relating to the decision-making process and decisions on applying for the wage subsidy scheme, or not applying, for different staff members. This includes communication between management members and between staff & management. I would like a copy of:
- Meeting, phone calls and conversation minutes (or recollection of these if minutes were not recorded), including dates the communication;
- Emails or messages, including dates of communication; and
- Any other relevant documentation.
(3) A copy of all internal commuications relating to how managers communicate with staff regarding decisions on applying for, or not applying for, the wage subsidy.
For any other Council-Controlled Organisations (and the Council itself) that included some, but not all, staff on a wage subsidy application:
(4) A copy of all external or internally-generated advice/information on the subject of the eligibility of employees for the wage subsidy scheme, or minutes/recollection of conversation if advice was verbal.
The timeframe I am interested in is from 10 March 2020 up to the date the request for information is recieved by each CCO.
Note: I do not require names of junior staff members, but I do require an indication where these names are redacted whether the staff member was included in the wage subsidy application or not.
I would appreciate a timely response; please break this request into parts and/or transfer it, if this will enable a faster reply.
S. M. Smith
From: BUS: Assurance
Wellington City Council
Thank you for your email dated 3 June 2020 requesting information about the Decision-making process for wage subsidy applications in CCOs.
Our team will manage your request under the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987 which requires us to respond as soon as possible, but no later than 1 July 2020.
The reference number for your request is IRO-10054.
Please be aware that under Covid-19 Alert Level 2 many teams are still working remotely or working under different conditions, this may have an impact on the resources we have available to us, as a result this may mean that your request takes a little longer than usual. We will keep you informed of any delays and the reason for these should they affect your request.
Please contact us if you have any further questions.
Assurance Services Coordinator | Wellington City Council
| W Wellington.govt.nz | |
The information contained in this email is privileged and confidential and intended for the addressee only.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are asked to respect that confidentiality and not disclose, copy or make use of its contents.
If received in error you are asked to destroy this email and contact the sender immediately. Your assistance is appreciated.
From: Ian Hunter
Wellington City Council
Dear S. M. Smith,
Thank you for your email to the Council’s Complaints and Information
Assurance Team received on 4 June 2020 in which you requested information
relating to wage subsidy applications in respect of Council Controlled
Under section 13 of the Local Government Official Information and Meetings
Act 1987 I can advise your request is granted and for no cost.
I am currently working with the relevant organisations to collate any
relevant information. Whilst I am currently unable to provide a date by
which the information will be available, I will endeavour to provide any
relevant information within the next ten working days.
Should you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.
Assurance Advisor | Complaints and Information Assurance | Governance and
Assurance Directorate | Wellington City Council
P 04 803 8315 | M 021 227 8315 |
E [email address] | W Wellington.govt.nz | Facebook|
1. mailto:[email address]