Judicial Conduct Commissioner
Lance D. Lavery made this Official Information request to Ministry of Justice
The request was partially successful.
From: Lance D. Lavery
Dear Ministry of Justice,
I hereby make this request under the Official Information Act 1982.
In reference to your letter to Dr Frank Deliu, Ref: 38321, dated 7th December 2011, I instruct you to release information that may answer the following questions.
1. Is the Office of the Judicial Conduct Commissioner and Judicial Conduct Panel Act 2004, administered by the Ministry of Justice?
2. Who holds the mandate of appointing the current Commissioner?
3. Can the current Commissioner acting within their public capacity and scope of office, provide information pertaining to complaints of impropriety of individual Judges?
4. Does the Office of the Judicial Conduct Commissioner have an independent complaints process?
5. How many complaints in the last five years has the Ministry of Justice received pertaining to impropriety of Judges?
6. Can Official Information Act requests pertaining to complaints of impropriety of individual Judges be made to the Solicitor-General?
7. Can Official Information Act requests pertaining to complaints of impropriety of individual Judges be made to the Attorney-General?
I look forward to your response.
From: Legal Admin
Ministry of Justice
Dear Mr Lavery
Please find attached a letter in response to your email of 2
Chief Legal Counsel
Confidentiality notice: This email may contain information that is
confidential or legally privileged. If you have received it by mistake,
(1) reply promptly to that effect, and remove this email and the reply
from your system;
(2) do not act on this email in any other way.
Things to do with this request
- Add an annotation (to help the requester or others)
- Download a zip file of all correspondence