Threats to DOC staff by 1080 protestors
This request has an unknown status. We're waiting for K Lane to read a recent response and update the status.
From: K Lane
Dear Department of Conservation,
I request the following information under the Official Information Act relating to two news reports:
Stuff reported on 2 July 2019 that 69 threats were recorded to DOC staff between Oct 2017 and May 2019.
1) How many of these 69 were specifically related to the use of 1080?
2) What was the nature of each of those 1080 related threats ie. what form did they take eg. Facebook comment, letter written, verbal abuse, physical abuse) - how many of each.
3) Have any of these cases been refered to police? How many and which ones?
With regard to reports in the media in 2018 that a DoC worker had had his wheel nuts loosened by an anti-1080 person:
4) Was the vehicle in question a private vehicle or a DOC vehicle?
5) Did the vehicle have DOC markings or logos on it?
6) Was the vehicle being driven by a person employed by DOC at the time of the incident?
7) What evidence was there to suggest that it was a 1080 protestor that loosened the wheel nuts?
8) Had that vehicle recently been for a wheel alignment?
9) Was there a police report into the incident? If so, please provide copy if held by you.
10) Was there a DOC incident report? If so, please provide copy.
11) Was there an insurance claim made on the damage to this vehicle? If so, please provide copy.
From: Government Services
Department of Conservation
Dear K Lane
On behalf of the Director-General of the Department of Conservation, I confirm receipt of your request below.
Your request has been forwarded to the relevant business group for processing. You will receive a reply in accordance with the requirements of the Official Information Act 1982.