Information about the number of serious reports on buses and response times
The request was refused by Wellington Regional Council.
From: Hugh Davenport
Dear Wellington Regional Council,
I would like to request information about serious incidents over the period between 1 April 2019 and 30 April 2019. I believe this data is stored in your Resolve system under the tag of 'Serious Reason'. The information I would like is:
1. The number of serious incidents reported to Metlink, and for each:
a) The file numbers of the serious incidents
b) A description of the serious incident
c) The outcome of the serious incident
2. The average time it takes the contractors to have a resolution.
3. The number of times that Metlink have to follow up with contractors to make a response, and for each:
a) The file numbers of that incident
4. For the cases in #3, the average time it takes Metlink to start the following up process
5. For the cases in #3, the average time it takes the contractors to respond (from initial case submission)
6. For the cases in #3, the average time it takes the contractors to respond (from follow up process from Metlink)
7. For the cases *not* in #3, the average time it takes the contractors to respond.
I would like this data split as follows:
a) The whole Metlink network
b) Each contractor
This was refused in the past as substantial, however this is for a smaller time range (1 month), and I am understanding that it is now a lot simpler to retrieve cases in full due to additional tooling (discussed in a meeting with Greg Pollock, and Lisa Colebrook).
Given that I've had experience where a case was marked as "serious", and wasn't followed up for 4 working days (and still yet to have a response from the operator), and the process supplied by Metlink is that the operators must respond within 1 working day, I have some concerns that this process is not being followed. My aim is to determine how bad the situation is, and whether Metlink truly do have a safety culture that they boast about.
From: Bryn Masters
Wellington Regional Council
Acknowledgement of Request for Information under the Local Government
Official Information and Meetings Act 1987
Thank you for your Request dated 9^th May 2019, requesting information
regarding serious incidents over the period between 1 April 2019 and 30
Your request is being followed-up and a reply will be sent to you within
20 working days of the request being received.
Greater Wellington Regional Council
ATTENTION: This correspondence is confidential and intended for the named
recipient(s) only. If you are not the named recipient and receive this
correspondence in error, you must not copy, distribute or take any action
in reliance on it and you should delete it from your system and notify the
sender immediately. Unless otherwise stated, any views or opinions
expressed are solely those of the author, and do not represent those of