Re-zoning of MOE land in Auckland Council's Unitary Plan process
Julie Fairey made this Official Information request to Ministry of Education
The request was successful.
From: Julie Fairey
Dear Ministry of Education,
I am requesting written confirmation of information received
verbally that the Ministry of Education has requested that all school and public tertiary institutions be given under-lining zoning reflecting surrounding zones through the Unitary Plan process by Auckland Council.
I would additionally like to know:
1. How was the request communicated by the MOE and who did it come from? Ideally I would like a copy of the request
2. What rationale has the MOE given to change the zoning approach for public education sites in the Unitary Plan? Why is this necessary? In particular why has the Ministry requested that the sites not be zoned to reflect the current use of the land, i.e. educational, as opposed to seeking the zoning to reflect surrounding zones?
3. Has the MOE pursued a similar approach with any other local authorities regarding giving public education sites underlying zoning?
I look forward to receiving a response. I can be contacted on 021 287 9900 or by email (email preferred).
From: Adam McFerran
This email (including attachments) may contain information which is
confidential or legally privileged and may not reflect the Ministry of
Education's view. The Ministry is not responsible for changes made to this
email after we've sent it. If you have received this email by mistake,
please reply to the Ministry immediately and delete both messages.
From: Sepa Helu
Greetings Ms Fairey,
Please find attached the response to your OIA request dated 3 April 2013
Sepa Helu | Ministerial Coordinator | Schools' Infrastructure Group | Schooling | Ministry of Education
Level 12 St Paul’s Square | 45 – 47 Pipitea Street | P O Box 1666 | Wellington 6011
(Ph) 04 463 8851 | (Fax) 04 463 8292
show quoted sections
Things to do with this request
- Add an annotation (to help the requester or others)
- Download a zip file of all correspondence