request of information from NZ Police

Ross Stewart made this Official Information request to Minister of Police

Response to this request is long overdue. By law Minister of Police should have responded by now (details and exceptions). The requester can complain to the Ombudsman.

From: Ross Stewart

Dear Minister of Police,
On March 08 2017 a request was once again submitted to the NZ Police under Freedom of information Act seeking details of correspondence to the NZ police from the Auckland District Department of Education Child Welfare Office as follows;
Was the New Zealand Police notified of information from the Department of Education District Child Welfare Office in Auckland in January 1961 regarding evidence of a Handyman/relief Housemaster employee employed at Mt.Wellington Residential School suspected of improprieties towards male/s pupils attending Mt Wellington Residential School has been so slow.?

Did Department of Education District Child Welfare Office in Auckland New Zealand provide the New Zealand Police of the suspected employees name and details of suspected improprieties committed?

Were any investigations undertaken by the New Zealand Police into the Department of Education District Child Welfare Office request in locating a missing suspect employee of Mt Wellington Residential School?

As to date this request has been unanswered would it be possible this request be taken seriously.

Yours faithfully,

Ross Stewart

Link to this

From: P Bennett (MIN)
Minister of Police

Dear correspondent


On behalf of Hon Paula Bennett, thank you for your email.


While the Minister considers all correspondence to be important and all
messages are carefully read and considered, it is not possible to provide
a personal response to every email which is received.


Where the Minister has portfolio responsibility for the issues that you
have raised, your correspondence will be considered and responded to where


(Please note that this acknowledgement is an automatically generated




Office of Hon Paula Bennett



Link to this

Things to do with this request

Minister of Police only: