I am requesting information on the 2007 Kaeo Flood relief funding for private homes.

Gary Whitehead made this Official Information request to Northland Regional Council

The request was partially successful.

From: Gary Whitehead

Dear Northland Regional Council,

I am requesting information on the 2007 Kaeo Flood relief funding for private homes.

I would like information on how affected properties were chosen to receive funding and the geographical limits covered by that funding
Also the time limits for making a claim on said funding.

Yours faithfully,

Gary Whitehead

Link to this

From: Bruce Howse
Northland Regional Council

Attachment Kaeo Final Business Case.pdf
7.8M Download View as HTML

Attachment DIA Funding Agreement.pdf
360K Download View as HTML

Attachment DIA Letter 2016.pdf
260K Download View as HTML

Attachment Kaeo business case addendum.pdf
349K Download View as HTML

Dear Mr Whitehead,

Thank you for your information request as contained in your email that follows below.

The properties that were eligible for funding were selected on a risk analysis based on the depth and velocity of floodwater and their status as habitable dwellings.

The geographical limits for which the funding applied was to the properties located on the Kaeo River floodplain.

The funding deed expired in November 2016, with all unused funds returned to central government in accordance with the funding deed.

As part of your request I attach the following information that are of relevance to your request:
-NRC business case to MCDEM
-NRC business case addendum to MCDEM
-DIA funding deed
-DIA letter to NRC dated 2016

Please feel free to contact me should you wish to discuss this further.

Thanks & regards,

Bruce Howse | Group Manager Environmental Services
Northland Regional Council | Te Kaunihera A Rohe O Te Taitokerau
36 Water Street | Private Bag 9021 | Whangarei Mail Centre | WHANGAREI 0148
Freephone: 0800 002 004
 Please think of the environment before printing this email

show quoted sections

Link to this

Things to do with this request

Northland Regional Council only: