Number of Unresolved Complaints About Teachers
The request was successful.
From: Alice Collard
Dear Education Council of Aotearoa New Zealand,
In accordance with the Official Information Act, how many teachers have been referred to the Conduct Assessment Committee over the period 1 July 2015 to 1 July 2016?
Of the number of teachers referred, how many were:
- as the result of complaints by members of the public
- subsequently referred to the Disciplinary Tribunal
- subsequently referred to a competency review
- resolved through agreement between complainant and teacher
- not resolved because the Conduct Assessment Committee decided to not to take further action
- a breach of the teacher code of ethics but were not deemed to be 'serious misconduct' by the Conduct Assessment Committee so no further action was taken
Please describe the review or appeal process which is taken to ensure that decisions of the Conduct Assessment Committee is independent, transparent and fair.
Please reply in a digital format via the FYI site.
From: David Cramp
Education Council of Aotearoa New Zealand
[IMG] [IMG] [IMG][IMG][IMG]
Email [email address]
Phone +64 4 471 0852 I Fax +64 4 471
0870 I www.educationcouncil.org.nz
Level 12, 80 Boulcott Street, Wellington I PO Box 5326
This email may contain legally privileged information and is intended only
for the addressee. It is not necessarily the official view or
communication of the Education Council of Aotearoa New Zealand (Education
Council). If you are not the intended recipient you must not use,
disclose, copy or distribute this email or information in it. If you have
received this email in error, please contact
[email address] immediately. The Education Council
does not accept any liability for changes made to this email or
attachments after sending by us.
6. Click to send email to David Cramp
8. Click to send email to David Cramp